2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around and finished some projects. First is a spalted pecan crotch IKE leftover. It has some really nice spalt patterns to it. Size is about 12" X 4". The other one is that twisted piece of mesquite that tried to remove my little finger last April :eek:hwell:. It's about 16" tall and 12" at the widest part. It sure was nice to make some chips!
Keep those tools sharp...gb

Attachments

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Dang, I can see how it could take a finger off, hand or even arm. I love them all. The colors on the bowl and the mesquite figure are outstanding. Glad to see you are back in business again. Beautiful work as usual. That mesquite figure would make me nervous to say the least.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
love them...that mesquite needs to come with a warning label

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
SPECTACULAR !!!....as expected, Jim...

That twisted mesquite is a true 'Work of Art"..

beautiful stuff....beautiful stuff.....:cheers:

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
Jim, if I had a bigger house with lots of room for "nick nacks" I would probably just have my paycheck direct deposited to your account. I don't think I have ever disliked anything you have ever made!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....YOU are an OUTSTANDING artist!

That Mesquite Twist looks like it's on fire! Awesome!

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
The second bowl is the one I was thinking about on that other post. That mesquite did come out nice. You needed to put something with it that would show its size

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Beautiful pieces Jim. I love that mesquite figure. I'd be afraid to get close to that thing when it's spinning.

Do you recall if that is one of the chunks from Sanddollar. It looks like some of the pieces she brought down.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the compliments. That mesquite piece is definately a 'one of a kind'..lol. The finish is MinWax 209...wet sanding up to 1K grit and then buffed out with Minwax paste. I learned that old school stuff from Mr. Bill. The wood came via Sanddollar from San Antonio I think. gb

·
Miss you Sandollr!
226 Posts
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
And a little heartbreaking...... I certainly wish Cindy was here to see this!
Hook - thanks for sending this post for me to see!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts