2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I found an air tank off an old compressor that had been sitting in one of the warehouses for about 10 years and the boss said I could have it. With help from one of the guys here in our shop we built my first smoker. I can't take credit for the welding. I'm decent with a torch though and I did design it and make all the cuts. There are some things I would do differently next time but all in all I am very pleased with the way it came out. I took pics of the entire proscess. Here is the first set of pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Dayum GulfCoastO2 , very nice. I really like the firebox on that pit !!! Don't let 24Buds see this, he might hit you up for one .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dayum GulfCoastO2 , very nice. I really like the firebox on that pit !!! Don't let 24Buds see this, he might hit you up for one .
Thanks, I wanted to be able to open the firebox from the top and the side. It will make cleaning it out alot quicker,and I'm going to build a removable rack so I can grill steaks or burgers with charcoal if I want.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I wish I had a pit that cool. Good work, and a great story. Ten years from now you will be telling this story to somebody while drinking and cooking.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
I would never do such a thing. That pit is no good. Let me come on over, load her up in my truck and I will give you a 12 pack for the hard work ya put into her and take her away for ya!

Yea I didn't think that was gunna work lol. Sweet lookin rig. I like it. Thats a heck of an idea to use the old tank. I got to get the ball rollin on mine! Nice pit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts