2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RAIDER POWER!!!
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I showed my work in progress with the chiminea I made. Today, I finished it and I am pleased for my 1st attempt. :) Now, I just have to wait and see if it cracks anywhere.

1st pic is the final product. Last three pics are the separate pieces before they were fitted together. I included the coffee cup to show the scale. It measures about 27" high right now.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Amazing! That is a lot of work there txj!! Can't wait to see what it looks like after it's fired. How long will you air dry it???? gb

·
RAIDER POWER!!!
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have it covered right now so the consistency of all of the pieces will equalize. Tomorrow, I will uncover it and let it dry a few days. It should be finished by Thurs., hopefully. I don't think I will glaze fire it. Just a very hot bisque should do the trick. :) Thanks for the compliment, Jim.

·
RAIDER POWER!!!
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chiminea use

Decoration or functional uses, Jaw. Usually, they are used for burning a small fire on colder nights. One could also burn citronella, etc... to ward of mesquitos.

-JAW- said:
I like its looks, but I am stupid, what is its purpose? What do you do with it?

:rybka:

G

·
txjoker said:
Decoration or functional uses, Jaw. Usually, they are used for burning a small fire on colder nights. One could also burn citronella, etc... to ward of mesquitos.
Thanks for the information! I didn't know if it was for cooking or not. (I am still looking to get a West Indian "clay pot" that is like a fired clay hibatchi.) :cheers:

:rybka:

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Look good bro!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to txjoker again

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
txjoker said:
Won't that thing smoke up the house? Doesn't it get soot all over the furniture?

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
txjoker,
Pretty cool piece and you must have access to a large gas or electric kiln. What claybody is it? Is it stoneware? I figure it's thrown or is it hand built? Where is that picture taken at a school or craftstore?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm interested.

·
RAIDER POWER!!!
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kenny,

No problem. Yes, I have access to an electric kiln and potter's wheel. The claybody is stoneware (Balcones White cone 10). It is a thrown piece and the pictures were taken from school. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts