2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Saturday my friend Jackie and I were fishing for and catching our share of big bull reds on the channel side of the Galveston south jetty. Jackie likes to fish the front of the boat where there are no rod holders and I fish the back where there is a rocket launcher and room to spare. He whoever decided to put the drag on lightly and semi-wedge a rod between some gear with the clicker on. He was fishing a Shimano tld5 on a rod I wrapped for him with light Aftco roller guides. As you may have already guessed the clicker sounded and we looked up just in time to see the rig go plunk in to the deep.

Jackie tied on a heavy weight and a big trebble hook and plowed the bottom for an hour with no luck. As you know when the reds are running on the end of the jetty, there is a crowd. Well about one hour after Jackie gave up his salvage efforts the boat next to us hooks and recovers the rod and reel. We however were disappointed when the guy told us his version of finders keepers.

My question to you is what should we have expected here? Was the rig up for grabs? Should we have made a stink? I told Jackie to look at it as an opportunity to buy a new outfit and be glad someone was getting some use out of it. What is your perspective on this event? Thanks, Gary
 

·
COME AND TAKE IT
Joined
·
11,369 Posts
Mr. Smith and Wesson would have got it back for me if that was my rod. One thing to find a rod with no owner around, totaly different for someone to drag your rod up in front of you and not give it back. Same as stealing in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
All I can tell you G is, if I found it, or any of my buddies found it,you would have it back in your hands.What goes around comes around.

B.D.<><
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,917 Posts
I am truley sorry to hear about your loss. I know what its like to lose a set up but not to have some a-hole in the boat next to ya recove it and not give it back ***???

I woulda loaded my flare gun and docked his boat, crammed the end of the gun in his mouth and demanded my rod and reel back. Then, after he gave it up, I would have my wife slap his face and let him know how much of a b*tch he really is.

Better start goin fishing prepared (not just with rod & reels!!!)
 

·
Back in da Saddle
Joined
·
10,147 Posts
Brady Bunch said:
I am truley sorry to hear about your loss. I know what its like to lose a set up but not to have some a-hole in the boat next to ya recove it and not give it back ***???

I woulda loaded my flare gun and docked his boat, crammed the end of the gun in his mouth and demanded my rod and reel back. Then, after he gave it up, I would have my wife slap his face and let him know how much of a b*tch he really is.

Better start goin fishing prepared (not just with rod & reels!!!)
And you wonder why anti hunting and fishing groups A get a foot hold anginst sportsman !!!!!

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,917 Posts
jtburf said:
And you wonder why anti hunting and fishing groups A get a foot hold anginst sportsman !!!!!

John
Ya, and a hey ggardner sorry to hear your bad luck woulda been appropriate rather than your response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
You did the right thing. Initiating a confrontation, especially with witnesses around, would just land you in jail, on top of your loss. I don't know the legal rules( salvage laws?) and I would probaly have done the same thing as you, but that guy sure deserves a major ***** whoopin'.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
tree hugging hippies all need a good flare gun round shot up there a*!,as for theives that i catch claiming my property,a 12 gauge with oo buck will find there boat in the bottom of the ocean and not the dock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
The person who found your rod and reel and refused to give it back is trash and a loser.
Don't sweat it, people like that don't go very far in the world. Hell it probably has something to do with they way they were raised. I only hope that if they have kids they teach them different. What goes around comes around.

FS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,599 Posts
Ida kicked his ***, no doubt about that. Been to jail, dont mind going back to whip someones *** like that. Its like I have always said since mama used to tell me "well whats fighting gonna solve" I just say donesnt matter but Ill feel better....................later,Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Blue Water Ho said:
Its like I have always said since mama used to tell me "well whats fighting gonna solve" I just say donesnt matter but Ill feel better....................later,Dave
LMAO!!
 

·
Gulf Coast *******
Joined
·
216 Posts
LMAO suthsayer......That is the funniest one I have heard all day.

That dude is scum....I can't believe some fisherman sometimes.

I would have followed his fat ace to his truck and when he got home.....and settled in to go to sleep. Me and my buds would go put his dang truck up on cinder blocks and stole his tires and sold em....Finders keepers My ACE!!!! That is theft....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Well boyz!!! After I got done STOMPIN A MUDHOLE IN HIS ***!!!!!! I bet he would have shared my point of view. Or given up. If all else failed my SCATTER GUN wouldn't. BS walks and 00 Buckshot talks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
FS552 said:
The person who found your rod and reel and refused to give it back is trash and a loser.
Don't sweat it, people like that don't go very far in the world. Hell it probably has something to do with they way they were raised. I only hope that if they have kids they teach them different. What goes around comes around.

FS.
Sorry about the loss! I would have had a hard time not reacting to that. But, by not reacting to it, you did the right thing.

I got to agree with FS552 on this one. That guys day is coming in one form or another.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top