2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After selling my Hydrasport, then my dargel to fund a divorce, i am finally going to be able to go fishing in the bay again!!
I had a guy sell me a Carolina skiff 2180, 1994 model, CHEAP, DIRT CHEAP!!! No motor, axle is broke, trailer is flat out junk, but i will get that done, HOPEFULLY, as far as the motor, i have a '92 evinrude 225hp, the boat is rated for a 100hp. OUGHT TO BE FUN!!
Those of you with one of the older skiffs, what kind of performance do you think i'll see?

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i got her home, unfortunatly, i lost half of the axle on the way. Now i have some serious work to do, other than rigging her out.
i have removed all of the stains with a product from wall mart called "star-brite instant hull cleaner", the stuff works like a charm!!! spray on, wash off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish i could make an offer, my current situation will not allow me to do that.
For time being the 200 i have will make do.

I have a 70 HP Johnson with all controls for center console available. Has tilt and trim and everything works.
A decent offer will take all.

That will be a great boat when complete.

Rick

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
nice find gregr, theres a guy down the road that has a 21 just like that rotting behind his barn... ive been wondering if he would just let me drag it off for him would love to make a booze cruize boat out of one...

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, not it, funny, thats how i got this one, i sure wish i would have looked at the axle befor i took off with it, now i have a darn hole ground in it from the rim.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,525 Posts
I know where you can pick up a rebuilt Merc 60 Bigfoot in Alvin with controls. :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.