2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my permit Saturday to build a new boatlift at our place in Matagorda.I put in for the permits last Nov.Now we can get down to business.I will be hanging my 21' Robalo in the lift

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. So do any of you guys hang your boat in a lift? If so do you try to cover the console to keep the birds off?Thanks

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
ROBALO 2160 said:
Ok. So do any of you guys hang your boat in a lift? If so do you try to cover the console to keep the birds off?Thanks
A cover will help. Will you have a solid roof overhead or a deck? If a deck, you might want to consider a full boat cover to keep the grunge factor down. You would not believe what rain runoff through a deck will make a boat look like.

I have a walkaround with curtains on three sides. Almost the same as no curtains but they are some help.

Good luck with the project. The lift will spoil you. You will never want to trailer again.
Bob

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lift will have a full roof with a deck on the top.Looking forward to eating some blue crabs and fried trout on the deck. My boat has the bimi-top with a full curtain.Did not know if I would want to use it like that or buy a custom cover.Also do you cover your motor?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I helped a friend build one on Lake Livingston 10 years ago. Stood in chin deep water jetting in the posts. The following year the lake dried up to where we could have used a post hole digger. May want to get a lock for your prop. Have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts