2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Port Aransas Boatmen, Inc. would like to thank everyone that fished the 2006 edition of the DSR. I think 768 was the final tally. Considering the weather leading up to the tourney, we were really pleased with the turnout. I have the final results and right now have an open day on Wed so I will get them to our webmaster for posting on www.deepsearoundup.com

my email is [email protected] would like to hear any suggestions, complaints or comments.

another thing we have discussed a little is a return to the off day format that we had for yrs. That would mean fishing on Thurs. off on Fri. and fishing on Sat.
I would like to know your feelings about it.
Again, thanks to everyone who participated.
Mike Nugent

·
Uvalde, Texas
274 Posts
I assume that the 768 was the amount of entrants. Do you happen to know how many boats fished it.

By the way, this was my first time to fish it and will definitely not be my last. I really had a blast.

·
Iusedtofish
2,893 Posts
Capt Mike, thanks.. Once again the roundup was a great tournament..Fun was had by our crew. Not sure how I feel about Day off format. It would mean more time off from work. I am glad yall got rid of the one rod per angler rule. Do you have the total tally of how many whites, blues, and sails that were released??? from all of the radio chatter it sounded like a bunch... The Hard Licker will be back again next year..

Bret

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lay Day Opinion

I agree with the two previous posts - a lay day on Friday would mean an extra day away from the office.

I did not fish this year(family commitments) but I have participated for the past seven years and I always look forward to the DSR.

Thanks for organizing a great tournament.

P.S. My nephews think the piggy perch contest is great. Thanks for having that event for the little ones.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Agree with above posters. A lay day would make it more difficult for me to attend.
Enjoyed the tourney, yet again.

Any chance we could get the Piggy Perch contest moved to Sunday a.m. so I can get my kids in on the action?

SDS

·
Registered
35 Posts
The day off format would be great, with maybe the fish fry scheduled in between. I hate missing that every year, but need to get a jump start on the ferry line and the 7+ hours back to Big D...

I think lots of folks take Thursday off already (I take the whole week off), but the numbers could suffer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts