2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I bought a Superior Fiberglass 6 shooter about 4 years ago. It has made 3 major moves to different leases so far and has been great. I would definitely recommend them as they are some of the most comfortable blinds i have hunted in.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The key to buying fiberglass blinds is to know exactly what the floor is made out of. Many of the fiberglass blinds have wood floors (not all but some). Be darned certain that the floor is made of marine grade plywood. We bought four fiberglass blinds and the dealer guaranteed us they had marine grade wood floors. Two of the floors have rotted and one has already been replaced and the other will be sent back shortly. Many of the fiberglass blind brands have windows that slide up and down and regardless of what they tell you they will leak. Not alot but apparently enough to rot the floors. The other issue is water that runs down the sides of the blinds and since these have rounded bottoms the water runs underneath the blind and rots from the underside as well. With marine grade plywood this should not cause a problem. But buyer beware. I honestly don't know what brand these were but we bought them from Lyssey & Eckel in George West. This is not a rant about L&E, they are absolutely great people. The maker told them they were marine grade floors and they weren't. L&E has bent over backwards to help us get the problem fixed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have a Superior blind and doubt if I would buy another. The floor is starting to rot. For what they charge how much extra would a treated floor cost?

·
Registered
268 Posts
We have one on our lease. It's a nice blind and for $1500 it should be! The only downside is they are loud! We call it the "bell blind" because it rings like a bell whenever you lean your gun in the corner or touch the sides in any way.

So be sure to insulate it with carpet padding or something similar and enjoy the view.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts