2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for 6ft or so fiberglass anchor pole to use in addition to my Power Pole.

Any 2coolers using them and would recommend one? Thanks

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,221 Posts
We make them, call me, Vernon-713-823-6263.
View attachment 4583417
I recommend Vernon. He made me a bracket that is almost like a rod holder that I mounted to the front deck that holds my stiffy pole and it works great. I powerpole in the back and stiffy pole in the front to hold my boat sideways in the wind so everyone doesn't have to cast off the front deck. He has very reasonable prices and made sure the order was correct.

·
Stepped in what?
9,547 Posts
That's a good looking pole!

One word of advice.....it's not a bad idea to attach a float to the stick.

Buddy of mine has lost two of them in the river....alcohol was involved....but it does happen.

·
Politically Incorrect
442 Posts
Bass Pro stocks them in 6 or 8 foot. I have both. I would recommend 8 foot for GB.

·
Stepped in what?
9,547 Posts
Think of it like a manual power pole.....they make a bracket that mounts to your boat, and you can slide the stick through the bracket and down into the bottom.

Low cost, and helps keep your boat positioned sideways for folks to fish more easily downwind.

You can get away without the bracket and just let the boat rest against it on the rub rail.....but doesn't work as well if the wind is honking....vs the bracket.

·
Registered
165 Posts

I've been using this for years, works great. You need to epoxy a PVC tee (or cap with hole thru the stake) to the end to attach your rope. At this price, make 2 or 3 in case you lose one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have broken a Stiffy fiberglass push pole a few times, they are 1 1/4" OD and hollow
not for use when it's windy for sure

just repaired it again
it breaks at the bottom of the holder, definitely creates a stress riser

I would go solid fiberglass
I ordered 2 x 8ft to make for my kayaks, prices were great.

I just ground down one end to a point with a belt sander.
These guys had great prices

We have an 8ft that is 3/4" thick on the boat and it isn't stout enough when the winds pick up.

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Grainger also sells a 10' 1 1/4" diameter solid fiberglass pole. I only provided a link for those that might find it useful (and cheap). Use it for whatever it works for.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
When I had a surface drive boat, I used1" grey pvc for stake out sticks. I had a friend turn some wood to fit inside the conduit and flush with the outside and pointed. Glued it and it worked great. Think my total investment was about $3-4 each. Used them in emergency on my airboat when one of my power poles broke.

·
Hopelessly addicted to life on the water
235 Posts
I recommend Vernon. He made me a bracket that is almost like a rod holder that I mounted to the front deck that holds my stiffy pole and it works great. I powerpole in the back and stiffy pole in the front to hold my boat sideways in the wind so everyone doesn't have to cast off the front deck. He has very reasonable prices and made sure the order was correct.
I too will vouch for Vernon and his work, not only is his work exceptional, but he is an outstanding guy to do business with..He showed me all the machines in his shop and taught me multiple things I was interested in on welding.. Oh and I too bought one of the 8 foot versions of this stake out stick from him direct last year and its held up well, and for a dang good price, trust me guys for the price you will not find a better alternative anywhere near as cheap as he is selling them and his stuff is quality, he TIGs the T handle and cross drills it, then welds the rod he puts through the T, so It will not break or pull out, and also puts a aluminum spike on the end..He can anything yo could ever imagine for boats or others stuff out of aluminum or stainless, his shop is very impressive .Definitely would recommend him!

·
Registered
589 Posts
What are you going to stake out with a 1" diameter pole ? A kayak?
Stakeout stick and power pole spike are less than 1”
Before I had a power pole I didn’t have a problem holding a 20’ tran cat with my stakeout stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts