2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
So I thought I recognized the new truck.....turns out my buddy is the driver/boat owner and had just bought the truck. He backed the truck down in the dark, and asked his friend to move the truck after offloading the boat. This new truck had keyless starting, so there was confusion/conversation about needing the keys/fob when they buddy went to move it. Well, excited about fishing, each person thought the other had moved the truck. Imagine their surprise when they returned..... This was just a mistake.

If something like this hasn't happened to you yet, it will. I parked my truck once and left the engine running, and came back to an empty tank.
I... uh... OK?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ya i kinda can relate to him after paying the ramp fee there " meanwhile in shock" he prolly thought someone would come out and park his truck, LOL. JJ low blow, we all have to make a living.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So I thought I recognized the new truck.....turns out my buddy is the driver/boat owner and had just bought the truck. He backed the truck down in the dark, and asked his friend to move the truck after offloading the boat. This new truck had keyless starting, so there was confusion/conversation about needing the keys/fob when they buddy went to move it. Well, excited about fishing, each person thought the other had moved the truck. Imagine their surprise when they returned..... This was just a mistake.

If something like this hasn't happened to you yet, it will. I parked my truck once and left the engine running, and came back to an empty tank.
[/QUOTE
Everybody makes boneheaded mistakes sometimes, but I think it’s a stretch to say this will likely happen to very many other people. Speaking of pilots, maybe checklists need to become common for boating situations…

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
713 Posts
Strangely enough, I haven’t ever done that. My truck is also running the whole time with the lights on but I feel like that’s a non issue.

·
Stepped in what?
9,547 Posts
No offense.....but I am not sure I would trust your friend to captain a boat with me on board.

I still don't understand how both guys could miss moving the truck. Maybe the boat driver....he was counting on the passenger.

But how does the passenger just jump in the boat, knowing the only other person is already in the boat....and the truck still there?

Maybe there was a third person....that's the only explanation I can think of.

And yes....I have gone into a restaurant and left my car running....wife's car and has the push button start/stop....but I cannot imagine a situation where either me or my buddies would forget a truck lol.

·
Registered
303 Posts

NO, nothing like that "will" happen to me and I'll say it for all of us, both of them are STUPID !

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ahhh...be careful sitting in judgment. True, you may not leave your truck on the ramp, or never move a boat in the dark without your nav lights on, or ____, or ____. But, as we all say, ship happens.

I fish with him on his boat often, and he on mine. He’s a competitive Bass Tourney fisherman, and I’d ride with him any day. He’s not stupid Camdex.

time for bed.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
"If something like this hasn't happened to you yet, it will. I parked my truck once and left the engine running, and came back to an empty tank."

Well in over 50 years of fishing it hasn't happened to me yet so I'm going to say no, it won't happen to me lol. But it's pretty funny.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Whoever backed that truck in there is responsible!

right, I'm still trying to figure out how the guy driving could climb in the boat knowing he left the truck on the ramp, the guy in the boat is still in the boat?? oh well roll one for the ride home, and laugh about how we can't tell the wives.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
right, I'm still trying to figure out how the guy driving could climb in the boat knowing he left the truck on the ramp, the guy in the boat is still in the boat?? oh well roll one for the ride home, and laugh about how we can't tell the wives.
Yea, this is just downright goofy.

Scenario 1 - One person backs the trailer down the ramp. He backs it down while the other guy is in the boat, The guy in the boat pulls the boat off the trailer and moves it to the place where the other guy will get in the boat. Meanwhile, the guy in the truck parks the truck, then comes to the awaiting boat. NO TRUCK LEFT IN THE RAMP.

Scenario 2 - Only one of the 2 guys can back the boat down the ramp and pilot the boat. That "competent" guy backs the trailer down to the water, then gets into the boat. The "non-competent" guy gets in the truck, backs it up a few feet, the "competent" guy navigates the boat off of the trailer to the place where the "non-competent" guy will get in the boat, while the "non-competent" guy parks the truck, then comes to the awaiting boat. NO TRUCK LEFT IN THE RAMP.

Scenario 3 - ONLY ONE GUY CAN DO ANYTHING. He backs the truck down the ramp with a large portion of the boat floating in the water. That "competent" guy crawls over the front of the boat, getting in. He navigates to the courtesy dock and ties up the boat. Since the "non-competent" guy can't do anything, the "competent" guy gets out of the tied-up boat and parks the truck and trailer. The "non-competent" guy has got to be somewhere close by. They both get into the boat, NO TRUCK LEFT IN THE RAMP.

Please tell me what these two guys did other than this?

·
PETA & LIBS let Obama eat dogs.
4,471 Posts
I wonder how much they paid for the dope they took? Had to be high as a kite or just dumber than a box of rocks. I bet they got lost on the way home. I also hope neither breeds.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts