2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
My bad....thought I could just leave it there instead of having to park it in the parking lot like everybody else does. Sure does make it a whole lot easier when I come back with my cooler full of gaftops to just easy it right back on trailer and I'm on my way. lol!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
My bad....thought I could just leave it there instead of having to park it in the parking lot like everybody else does. Sure does make it a whole lot easier when I come back with my cooler full of gaftops to just easy it right back on trailer and I'm on my way. lol!!!
lol. Very efficient

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can’t be good for the trailer

·
Registered
383 Posts
So I thought I recognized the new truck.....turns out my buddy is the driver/boat owner and had just bought the truck. He backed the truck down in the dark, and asked his friend to move the truck after offloading the boat. This new truck had keyless starting, so there was confusion/conversation about needing the keys/fob when they buddy went to move it. Well, excited about fishing, each person thought the other had moved the truck. Imagine their surprise when they returned..... This was just a mistake.

If something like this hasn't happened to you yet, it will. I parked my truck once and left the engine running, and came back to an empty tank.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Not sure where you draw the line at "something like this" but my rig would never spend the day blocking the ramp.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
So I thought I recognized the new truck.....turns out my buddy is the driver/boat owner and had just bought the truck. He backed the truck down in the dark, and asked his friend to move the truck after offloading the boat. This new truck had keyless starting, so there was confusion/conversation about needing the keys/fob when they buddy went to move it. Well, excited about fishing, each person thought the other had moved the truck. Imagine their surprise when they returned..... This was just a mistake.

If something like this hasn't happened to you yet, it will. I parked my truck once and left the engine running, and came back to an empty tank.
I mean I can sorta see that, but when the boat owner comes to the dock to pick up the guy, how did he not see the truck still in the water?

Having said that, during a duck hunt I once backed the truck and trailer down the SHORE and totally missed the ramp. Luckily the ground was frozen and the lake had a gentle slope, so no harm.

·
Jeremiah 29:11
5,824 Posts

I don't understand... How does one not understand that they didn't remove their vehicle from the ramp after dropping the boat...? I've left a truck running at work for an entire weekend and came back on a Monday to find it there still idling, that I can understand. But I just don't see how you can literally forget to pull your truck out of the water 😂

·
All my friends say.....
7,394 Posts
That is a good one. I think it tops the list of hey, guess what I saw at the boat ramp today????

·
Registered
7,435 Posts

No, I am 66 and have been fishing since I was a kid. I never left a truck parked in the water at a boat ramp. Never knew anyone that did. Your friends poor wife!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
light another one up on the way home to celebrate the truck still intact and all is good.

that'd be nice though to show up after fishing and the truck is waiting with the trailer.

in the future, we'll just blutooth our tesla and it will auto back the trailer. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts