2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friends son is getting married. He is 30 ish, Dad is 63. He has asked his Dad to be his best man. Although the honor is obvious, then come practical matters. Mom sits w/o hubby to hold her as she cries (you know it's gonna happen, ) Dad plans a bachelor party (???), and a hundred other things we haven't thought of yet.

I really need your input on this- I don't have a clue what to advise. I feel sure all you wise ones will help us with this- and we'll really appreciate it! ( and he does have a best friend that would be the next choice)

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
My brother chose Dad to be his best man. (It is supposed to be your best buddy). Mom understood and there have never been any problems.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
I think it is great. And, if you are worried about dad organizing a bachelor's party, you should be. Old folks rule!

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
it's his wedding. if his dad is honored for the invitation and wants to stand up with his son, the groom should be allowed to pick whomever he wants to be his best man without any flak from any outside influences trying to advise him otherwise.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
My Dad was the best man in my wedding, and I'm glad he was!
He's truly the best friend I have, will always be there when I need him, and is one of the few buddies I have that I am sure I can count on.

As for the bach party......my dad was part of the planning and all 40 of us had a blast.

Mom needs to get over it. She and Dad will be so proud of Sonny that it won't matter.

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
I've thought about this one before...I wish I had asked my Dad to be my best man. He was my best friend, and my hero...I sure miss him.

If that young man want's his dad to stand for him...it's his choice. Honor that, and respect it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My Dad was my best man when I married my wife in 1968 and again, when we renewed our vows with a full church wedding 25 years later. If we are lucky enough to be able to renew them again in 2018 (fifty years), I would love for him to stand beside me again. However, the Good Lord had different plans for him, but I have the memories.

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
My dad was in my wedding party, my brother was my best man, and we didn't have any logistical problems. It was great and my dad and I have a great friendship.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts