2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw on the news that Marvin Zindler of channal 13 Eyewitness news has passed away. I used to watch him as a kid, he did do a lot of good over the years and helped many people in the area. Sad to see the guy go, he was a unique character.

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
God Speed Mr. Zindler.

Kelly

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
He was a character for sure. A Houston icon whether you liked him or hated him. I still remember as a kid his expose on the Chicken Ranch in La Grange and the footage of Sheriff Jim Flourney knocking his toupee off and stomping on it. That made ole Marvin famous. Here is a link to a story about it if you don't know it. http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/CC/ysc1.html

I remember as a boy traveling thru La Grange and always stopping at the Cottonwood Inn to eat on the way to the deer lease. Sheriff Flourney was usually always there.

RIP Marvin.

·
Look in the inside of a person for love
861 Posts
sad3sm :frown: sad3sm :frown: sad3sm :frown: sad2sm sad2sm sad2sm sad2sm RIP Marvin....Family will be in our prayers.....he was a wonderful man and did wonderful things for the needed........GOD BLESS

·
Looking for Fish
665 Posts
First time I caught him on TV was back I believe in the 70's while I was going to Houston on business. I enjoyed his reporting and he seemed to be a tell you like it is investigative reporter. RIP and prayers for his family and friends.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
Mr. Zindler, may you continue to help those here on earth while you are looking over all of us. Thank you for all you have done. You will be missed but never forgotten.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
That was fast, did not relize it would happen so quickly. Prayers for he and his family.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts