2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Team Backmarker
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
error displayed is 1004 LS21,LT22?

LS21 contacts closed when carousel is at home position (checked w/ a voltmeter) error code list i have only goes up to 999. anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hit the carousal with a hammer and try to rotate it again. Or it's a sticky micro switch , that you'll have to take the cover off and spray WD-40 on it . Or , take it home ,shut it down, and restart.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Same here, If I remember correctly 1000+ are reserved for mfg. or something like that. It's been awhile, my trouble shooting skills are rusty, not to mention my brain!!!!

What you need is the Machine Tool Ladder Diagram. If you have it find the Limit switch and get the diagnostic number for it. You can then check the Diagnostic address to verify that the control is receiving the signal from the switch. If the switch is working it will switch from a 1 to 0 or vice versa when the swithc is activated/deactivated.

Sometimes the alarm does not identify the correct switch it depends on the mfg. and who wrote the programming.

A Ladder diagram would help you identify other switches on the Tool Changer to check also.

·
Team Backmarker
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
flyinm, didnt mean to speak greek, im having issues with a cnc mill. thought id shoot a rubberband towards the moon and see if anybody might catch it. looks like a couple of people did.

ldl, tried the usual hammer and wd40. i tell u what. in my (limited) experience this does work about 20 percent of the time on limit switch errors ive seen. i attribute this to coolant gumming up the switches

reel bender, im kicking myself now. i never thought to poke thru the ladder. il look thru it tomorrow. dont remember the mfr name the model is max3/rebel i know that ls21 is carousel left (home) and ls22 is carousel right (change tool) what throws me is lt22 in the error msg. hopefuly the ladder will give me the clue i need.

Thank you all for your input.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The error message may or may not be identifying the correct limit switch. Sometimes they make a mistake or two when programming error list logic and can confuse you when trouble shooting.

If you have the Manf. Book on the machine you should be able to identify the alarm in the Alarm section there. I am almost positive 1000 alarms are manufacturer alarms.

According to the codes you mentioned above it appears that you have 2 Limit Switches that have been hit.

LS21 and LT22

LT usually is for limit travel and is usually the Safety if it gets by the Limit Switch some how

·
Team Backmarker
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got it figgered out today. reel bender, you said that 1000+ were reserved for mfg, so i went thru the mfg electrical manual "problem solving" flowcharts. Bingo. long story short, pneumatic cylinder for carousel left-right not returning fully to home, LS21 wouldnt close, error msg and machine halt. raised air pressure at regulator slightly, and slowed travel speed slightly to compensate and ran trouble free all day. thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good job solving your problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been awhile since I have had to think about CNC problems, Glad you posted it.

I used to solve them for a living , shoot it's been 9 years since I've had to do it.
Man, I'm getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.