2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back to the Double T this last weekend. All I have to say for people that think high fenced ranches are easy hunt are full of balogna. I have never hunted so hard and had animals so close to showing themselves but hold up in the brush and i can't move anywhere because the game that is already in front of me.

I had everything except what I was hunting in range. I saw a nice Axis buck at about 1000 yds on my first hunt. I mean real nice, wish I had a camera to get a picture that far out.

Well, I saw Red Sheep, Red Stags, Red deer, Whitetail(some really nice bucks and they still have time to grow), oryx, addax, wildebeast, and I heard the barasingha(sp?) really cool.

Well I just could not stand seeing all those nice fallow bucks so on my way down the ranch raod too the front of the ranch I told Robby if I see a Nice Fallow I'm gonna shoot. Well you know what happened

Well this is my first exotic ever and I am really proud to get him. Nice palms spread and beams, and a superb coat.

Thanks to Swampus for letting me come to the Double T to hunt and Shed Hunter for some of the Pics. Great times, great food, great drinks, and a great place to hunt. I believe I have met the entire Swampus clan so far and really great people. I have really met some superb people through this board.

Damian

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
fallow

congrats on the beautiful trophy and thanx for the pics !

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the comments so far guys. I am really happy with my first exotic. Now I have the bug.

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
drred4 said:
.....Now I have the bug.
There is no cure for the illness, and it doesn't get any better. Just gets worse. :D

Sorry you weren't able find an Axis. But, congrats on a fine trophy. :cheers: Don't know that much about Fallow, but, that appears to be a good one. Nice palms.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
drred4 said:
Now I have the bug.
The wife jsut walked in an was looking over my shoulder and she saw my post above about the bug for exotics.

She said ohhh nooooo!!!
and was smiling ear to ear, or was that an I'm in trouble now grin. LOL

·
Hunting Machine!
5,831 Posts
Damian-- We had a great time hunting with you brother!

We were both hunting Axis Bucks--could hear them calling all around chasing does but always on the move! Makes for a tough time when at the same time you are covered up with "Other" animals! Ha!

We have so many real good Gold Fallow as yours almost caint help but do the switch over for another buck "on the list"! I would say we have about 20 Fallow in the same class this year!

Talked to Dad and looks like You have the green light to come up openning day and give me a hand if you want! Get your Axis doe too.

Congrats again on your Trophy! Did you get the stats from the taxadermest on score yet? Gatta go Gold! Did you take any rough measurements?

We will try to post some more of the pics of this weekend!

1 Fallow Buck
1 Dubaski Sika
2 piggies
2 Axis Doe (1 my personal best shot w/ my 270 Win. 150 core lock= heart at 475yds. and clean thru and out w/ 2 ribs.)

swampus and crew!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
John Paul, don't tempt me with the Chocolate and Whites, I said I have the bug.

Swampus said:
Talked to Dad and looks like You have the green light to come up openning day and give me a hand if you want! Get your Axis doe too.!
That sounds great Robby, Like I said I ain't afraid of work

Swampus said:
Congrats again on your Trophy! Did you get the stats from the taxadermest on score yet? Gatta go Gold! Did you take any rough measurements?
I got a few that I could, did not want to take him out of the ice chest packed in ice, too hard to get back in until the Taxidermist came by to pick up.

16.5 one plam 12.5 the other (Circumference) 27.5 spread. That is all i got. I did not know Record of Exotics and SCI measures so different. I think he will Gold in one of those.

Swampus said:
2 Axis Doe (1 my personal best shot w/ my 270 Win. 150 core lock= heart at 475yds. and clean thru and out w/ 2 ribs.)

swampus and crew!
Don't believe him folks, just joking LOL

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I hunted in Vanderpool back in the late 90's on a friends place, I don't remember the fallows being that pretty, man, that animal is down right NICE, congrats, will make a nice mount!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Fantastic.....I haven't killed a deer of any kind in over 12yrs..just lost the desire..

But one like that could bring it back in a heart beat!
I think I may have a talk with the Lioness.....Christmas is coming.

Awesome!....just awesome.

Congrats!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts