2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
<<<<<It's a living, don't ask!!
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a big lump in my throat just thinking about this but it happened to my late last night. I arrived a Camp Bastion (British Military Base) located about 200 miles south of Kandahar early Tuesday morning. I met with the military CO in charge of the project and looked at a few more projects that will start mid 2010. We all was said and done I headed to the flight line to see if there was any way to get to Kandahar. The marine flight line officers told me to come back at 0015 He had room for me on flight 9 (call sign) crash 64. When I returned there was about 500 marines standing on the flight line. I thought to myself there is no way I getting on the 0015 flight. When I inquired about the flight he told me the flight was booked and told me he was closing up shop for about 15 minutes to go out to the tarmac. As I turned to walk back to the vehicle he said sir would you like to see who you have given up your spot on this flight for. I said sure and we walked out to join the large gathering of marines. Everyone was lined up on either side of the back doors of the C130 and I saw 3 ambulances pull up. I asked if this was a medivac flight and he said no sir we are all here to see off flight (call sign) fallen angels. I can not describe the feeling that hit me it was like a punch to the gut. When the rear doors of the C130 closed I thanked the young marine that invited me and walked back to my truck crying like a baby. Hell I'm still crying.

God Bless, Shooter

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Dangit Shooter, you're making me cry. God bless all who serve.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
May GOD be with you and everyone of yall that are over there, and with the families of all our angels that are in combat zones. Please keep them safe . AMEN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts