2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With All This Rain We Have Been Discussing Wether Or Not To Plant Fall Food Plots. With All The Forage That Will Be Available On The Lease Due To All This Rain. Don't Know What To Do. Don't Want To Waste Time, Labor & Money Planting When It May Not Do Us Anygood. What Are Ya'lls Thought On The Matter.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
I'd plant. Deer love to come to those oats and turnips and the clover will help next winter. Also chops up the weeds and keeps the ground busted up. Don't forget you have that Calcium on the porch in 5 gal. buckets - helps offset the pine.

·
Banned
682 Posts
me and bbridges planted a food plot sat and the dang seeds are already sprouting like crazy plus deer cant resist something different in there diet and you plant eairly you will start a early pattern just in time for bow season

·
Banned
144 Posts
Plant...most food plots will survive through the winter(even though it is not that cold here) and when most of the forage is gone during late winter your food plot will be there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
tom

i have taken over bobs stand , at the moment it has heavy grass i have been thinking about letting it grow since the deer come up that trail on the backside of the feeder . i even thought about blocking off the front entrance and just making a little trail upt to the stand ? i would mow around the feeder . or would you cut. disc & plant ???

btw i will get with allen this weekend for the heater

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
We planted close to a hundred acres last yr with White Clover and Winter Wheat the wheat never got over 2" tall and the clover went to seed and I could not tell if they were eating it at all. We should have a good stand of clover this yr so will probally just do the wheat and if the clover comes up its a plus.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
ETXHUNTER said:
i have taken over bobs stand , at the moment it has heavy grass i have been thinking about letting it grow since the deer come up that trail on the backside of the feeder . i even thought about blocking off the front entrance and just making a little trail upt to the stand ? i would mow around the feeder . or would you cut. disc & plant ???

btw i will get with allen this weekend for the heater
If you don't keep it cut back it will become so overgrown in a couple of years that you won't be able to use it. I'd disc and plant every year to keep it open and the deer will still come to something different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts