2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Japanese Arisaka T38 rifle that I'm interested in selling. I've got a potential buyer but don't know how to price it.

It has been bored out to a 30-06 and the mum is clearly visible. The front of the stock has been shortened so now its a rifle not a carbine (or is it the other way around?). It still fires - I had it tested at Gander Mtn - and the smith said there was no reason you couldn't use it. It does need one piece for the rear site.

The average price on the net is about $275, with ones in excellent shape going for around $700.

Does $275 sound like a fair price?

Thanks,
MIK

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
if you had it modified and bored ANY collectors value is gone, so unless you've done work to have it accurized or anything I'd say it typically is worth LESS then any collectable fireing gun. IMHO I'd probably let it go for less then $275, but I guess what is it worth to YOU?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that as a collectible its value has decreased significantly. The gun belonged to my dad and who knows where he got it from. I'm with you though, $275 is starting to sound a little pricey.

MIK

Bug_Power said:
if you had it modified and bored ANY collectors value is gone, so unless you've done work to have it accurized or anything I'd say it typically is worth LESS then any collectable fireing gun. IMHO I'd probably let it go for less then $275, but I guess what is it worth to YOU?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts