2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, my husband of 21 years passed away last October. Each day has been a new experience with tiny, small steps being taken along the way.

Since I live in Rocport and work in POC, I have a fifth wheel RV that I use to stay in when I have to be at work early or stay late.

I haven't stayed at the RV since Ralph died. I could always come up with excuses not to stay - dog and cat at home, errands to run...

But I stayed at the RV last night. It felt very strange, but woke up this morning feel, empowered.

I still face one big item - spreading his ashes in the Gulf. But I now know that when I'm ready I will be able to do it.

It's been great to have good friends and family that truly care.

Charlene

Reactions: Sea Aggie

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Charlene,

Good for you...empowered! That's an awesome word and feeling.

I know the days that pass are tough, but hopefully getting a little easier with each day.

You must miss him terribly. But, I'm sure he would want you to 'enjoy' the rest of your time here until you join him.

Your life still has 'purpose'...and I hope you can make the best of every day.

{{{Hugs to ya!}}}

·
Just call me Breeze
17,287 Posts
Charlene, stay strong, think good thoughts of the good times, let us know if you need anything. I would say that empowerment was him and God telling you everything will be allright.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
This step, then that step...

Charlene,

I agree with Bay Gal, but in your own words, you took that important first step. The second step should come a little easier. Then, the third and so on.

I hope you can once again find enjoyment in doing the things that ya'll were able to do together. As I would believe that your husband would have wanted for you. (not that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting him)

I have to believe that he is still with you enjoying those things as you do them. Just doing them through You.

My heart is with you,
Pat

·
5,853 Posts
"The walk through life has many bends". Loss of a loved one is never easy. It is said that time heals all wounds, and it will in your case also. Remember the good times, but dont let it control your life.

Stay strong, If you need to talk to someone, we are here for ya.
Mrs B and Love2fish are the most inspirational people on this board and I highly recommend them as someone to talk to also.

·
Banned
896 Posts
Situation

I agree with Bay Gal and Full Stringer, and in your own words, you took that important first step. The second step should come a little easier. Then, the third and so on.

You are experiencing the natural grieving process! The process is not easy!

One understandable hindrance is trying to avoid the pain of your sorrow! In the book Bridge Across the Water, the first words in the book are: We are all born to struggle! The grieving process is a necessary struggle in your painful situation! FEELING the pain is part of that process!!!

Some day you will only be experiencing the good memories and not the pain!!

You have support !!!!

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
I hope I don't find myself in your situation but life is what it is and I sure think a lot of you for handling things the way you are.

Your post touched me and I'll think of you and what you're going through often. I hope you continue your journey with each day getting better and better.

TH

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Time does change everything. Your getting stronger everyday. Thanks for the post.
Tight Knot

BTW-How long does it take you to get to POC from RP.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My heart and feeling are with you too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts