2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving along I-10 today and my 2005 f-250 Deisel decided it was not going to run anymore. There was no warning at all, it just stopped running.

Has anyone heard of this before?

The worst part is that it is 10 months old and has 52K miles on it so it is out of warranty already. I just had it in the dealer two weeks ago for the trans temp sensor to be replaced. That was $647.00! I am very worried about the outcome of this new problem.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds like the ECU is sending the wrong messages to your engine. My buddies F250 did the same thing. They reflashed it at the dealership and he has been fine since. Should still be under the 100000 mile diesel warranty too.

·
Registered
16 Posts

It sounds like lost oil pressure. Very common. If they have to replace high pressure oil pump it will take 7 to 10 days to repair if you are lucky. We have fixed 100 or more of them. If this is the problem you will only have to pay $100.00 deduct.. the engine has a 100000 mile warranty. I am a parts and service director of a Ford Dealer in Houston. Good luck

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was actually going to talk to you about that tomorrow night. I rented a truck for the time being but it only has a six cylinder.

I will pull it by hand if needed. Nothing shall keep me from the fishes. If we don't catch them they may over populate and run themselves into exstinction.

·
I'm Gucci. You polo.
4,129 Posts
My '00 7.3 had 2 CAM sensors go out. The first one @ 60,000 miles. The second @ 90,000. It was covered. The same thing happend as yours. It would flat out die. Fuel was being pumped into the filter but would not start.

·
Banned
2,026 Posts
Tintman72
Check out this forum. I have learned a lot here. 6.0's don't have the same problem with the CMP sensor that the 7.3's do. So it's not that.
[email protected]
And if you need someone to pull the boat, i would also be more than happy to pull it with my Excursion, 7.3 4x4 on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts