2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
Majek Texas Slam
5,350 Posts
I have several friends running tunes and some say it increased about 1-3 miles per gallon. I can live with the MPG as it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been looking at the ecoboost myself and everyone I gave talked to says basically the same thing. You have to baby it to get the claimed mileage. I know a programmer will help power but not sure about those mpg gains. Will be looking for some real world testing.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have had a brand new EB rented for a couple months. Its gets 15-16mpg highway 13-14mpg around town. Its 1.5-2hrs to work one way. That's no tool boxes, bumpers, ect and some 265 Michelins. Some larger 10plys and a tool box and it would be just like any other truck on mpg.

·
Roll Tide!
15,789 Posts
Most people make the mistake of thinking the EB is about gas mileage. It's really about power.

The Eco and green leaf are confusing to some.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
I drive a 5.4 4X4 and average 17. That's after 188,XXX miles. Not sure what yall do with your right foot, but I'd bet I can get close to the claimed mileage.

I want to know how much a turbo cost to replace. You couldn't give me a turbo years ago as they would **** out in 30K. I know they have come a long way.

Who has an Eco ford with 200K on it? That's who I want to chat with!

for the record, my daughter said to me I drive like a grandpa

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Love my EB, but mileage is nowhere near what I was expecting.

However, my truck gets better mileage with a half a tank of gas or lower than with a full tank, I know sounds screwy but I checked that actual gas consumption and miles not using the on board computer. Can't be weight, there's not enough change. Called the service manager (who's a friend of mine) and he thought I was crazy. Anyway, normal highway driving I get about 15 and then improves to about 16.4 as the tank goes below half. I've tested it on long and short trips, same results. Just wish it would stick closer to the 16.4. Maybe I should just ride around with a half a tank of gas!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Looking at replacing a 2013 5.0 with a 2014 ecoboost. The 5.0 dropped the #7 cylinder at 55K and the truck hasn't been right since.

·
Adrenaline Junkie *******
992 Posts
I love my 2012 Screw FX4 with the Eco. Put on an after market exhaust and SCT programmer with custom tunes from 5 Star Tuning. Got 24 on the HWY driving easy and right at 70. That went to **** once I put a leveling kit on it and bigger tires. But then again I did not buy it for mileage. Even with the big tires I am still surprised I get 18 out of her. I have no complaints.

I am now waiting for the 2016 Raptor to come out. I will be trading up:rotfl:

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Most people make the mistake of thinking the EB is about gas mileage. It's really about power.
This is it. The EB is a half ton truck that tows like a beast and gets reasonably good gas mileage for its given capabilities. Also, I find it a joy to drive. Much faster than any other truck I have owned. If gas mileage is your main priority, there may be better options. Still, some do see the 20+ mpg so it is possible depending on driving style and the gearing. That said, I get 15-16 mpg in mixed driving which compares to the 12-13 mpg I got out my '04 F150 with the 5.4.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts