2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
15,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires are you guys replacing the stock tires on your F-250 or 350's with. No lift kit and 20" rims.
I was thinking 305/55/20's by nitto, but those are pretty high $.

Thanks

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
What tires are you guys replacing the stock tires on your F-250 or 350's with. No lift kit and 20" rims.
I was thinking 305/55/20's by nitto, but those are pretty high $.

Thanks
Nitto's aren't a very good tire anyway, they don't wear worth a flip-do a search on here and check them out! If you don't like the price of those then you won't like the prices of any other's!

You can get Coopers for less, and get 50 k to 70 k miles out of them ..i used to buy them due to that fact and due that they were the only tire produced in the USA but they have started producing them over sea's too! I am going to TOYO 305's,great looking tires and they come with a road hazard warranty! Personally i would ditch the 20" rims if there is room for a smaller diameter because rubber is cheaper on the smaller rims AND the more rubber you are riding on-the smoother the ride! Just my observation's and .02 though!:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm running 35x12.50 r20 pro comp extreme at's on mine. They've been good, just loud. You also need to keep them rotated.

·
9,095 Posts
The kit said I could go 37" but will rub the frame on full turn.
I'm gunna check that kit out, i don't like the way these later model trucks have to sit so darned high to get a good sized tire under them..personally i like the set down big ,wide tire bull dawg look and if they rub a little...doesn't bother me!

·
Team "Who's Your Daddy"
72 Posts
BFG 285/65/20 All Terrain A/T's. Little pricey, but I have always had good luck with these tires. Bought them from Discount Tire. Get a price from Discount and then look up the same tire on www.discounttires.com Discount will match the cheaper price of the tire as well as the road hazzard.

Attachments

·
9,095 Posts
BFG 285/65/20 All Terrain A/T's. Little pricey, but I have always had good luck with these tires. Bought them from Discount Tire. Get a price from Discount and then look up the same tire on www.discounttires.com Discount will match the cheaper price of the tire as well as the road hazzard.
Dangit, i can't remember when my truck was that clean! I'll polish her up when it warms up lol! Nice truck

·
Team "Who's Your Daddy"
72 Posts
Dangit, i can't remember when my truck was that clean! I'll polish her up when it warms up lol! Nice truck
THANKS!!! It took a day and a half to make it look that way. That was around Thanksgiving, before this extremely wet winter kicked in. You should see it now. But I'm like you, it's too cold now, but it will look like this again once it warms up.

The 285/65/20's are actually taller than the 305/55/20's. On Discount's web site there is a tire calculator that will give you the exact specifications. Here's the link www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

Attachments

·
15,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
15,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nitto's aren't a very good tire anyway, they don't wear worth a flip-do a search on here and check them out! If you don't like the price of those then you won't like the prices of any other's!

You can get Coopers for less, and get 50 k to 70 k miles out of them ..i used to buy them due to that fact and due that they were the only tire produced in the USA but they have started producing them over sea's too! I am going to TOYO 305's,great looking tires and they come with a road hazard warranty! Personally i would ditch the 20" rims if there is room for a smaller diameter because rubber is cheaper on the smaller rims AND the more rubber you are riding on-the smoother the ride! Just my observation's and .02 though!:)
Thanks for the info on the Nittos.
I aint about to get rid of those high dollar stock rims, for next to nothing of course, just to buy some more high dollar custom rims.......
I wish my truck had come with 18's but it came with 20's.

·
9,095 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Nittos.
I aint about to get rid of those high dollar stock rims, for next to nothing of course, just to buy some more high dollar custom rims.......
I wish my truck had come with 18's but it came with 20's.
Lol, i wouldn't either unless it was cost effective-dem 20's looks good anyway! :smile:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts