2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Kids, Surf, Fish, Golf.....
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ultimateclearlake.com/2009/1 ... g-bay-area

Volunteers and donations are being sought for the project. Volunteers can sign up here and donations can be made . They will be working on the house from Jan 7th - 14th.
http://blushieldsextreme.com/volunteer/

The article is real vague but my wife was contacted about donating some equipment and she was the one who told me it would be in Kemah. So if you are around and would like to assist, please click on the builders link above and fill out the info.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Just saw a segment on Ch 13 Local news about the Kemah Home Makeover. They are down there and getting to work..Should be finished by next weekend.. The family lost their home to Ike and have been living in a really small travel trailer with their THIRTEEN kids since Ike.. Four natural kids and 9 adoptees...they have evidently fostered about 80 kids over the years..

Looking forward to seeing the completed show...and they are still looking for volunteers, but sure had a bunch on hand this afternoon...even in this near freezing weather.... One of our favorite shows...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am scheduled to install the sprinkler system with another irrigator on monday thru tuesday next week. Its gonna be fun helping these people out.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Our shop is near the corner of Delesandri Lane and Anders Lane and traffic around there is getting very thick, they have a lot of equipment and trucks parked all over the place. We had a hard time getting out after work tonight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kemah House Address

I am a landscaper based out in Katy and I applied online last night as a skilled volunteer. Haven't heard anything back from blu shield yet, but I have alot to offer. If any of yall know the address or a way I might be able to get in contact with someone there please let me know. Thanks!

www.fraserfirstclass.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
Extreme Home Makeover

I live on the next street over on Delores, which is one of the entry routes to the house they're working on. I'm just blown away, there must be hundreds of people working on various different things, it's an incredible sight to see. I came home this morning from working nights at 5:30 in the morning and crews are still going at it, so they're working 24 hours a day. It's exciting to see all the news crews and all the stars from the show just walking up and down the streets over here. It's a little bit of a hassle dealing w/ all the noise and all the traffic and people, but it's for a good cause and I know it will end next week.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
well, i have a shop just down the street and the right next to where they have alot of their equipment! needless to say it has been a busy 2 days. constant traffic and the whole area is lit up! they did the demo of the old house today and used a monster size dozer and well as a huge loader! the waste management trucks were non-stop pulling out of there! today they were prepping for the slab. this house is gonna be a monster compared to their old one as its gonna be close to 6400 sq ft! i bet the family is having a blast right now at disney land or disney world and the anticipation for the unveiling in a week has them excited. they are a great family and i personally have done business with them. they deserve this house as much as any of the people i have seen on the show. tune in and see this monster once its built!

·
Registered
478 Posts
It is gonna be fun. We have 28 hours to do irrigation, landscaping, final grade, grass, pavers, etc. Basically all landscaping. We originally thought it was gonna be 40 hours so now we got crunched even harder. Poor Mike from Bay Area has alot on his shoulders since we had all our suppliers that are donating time and materials scheduled for Monday morning at 7 but now have been changed to start Monday night at 7. Its gonna be a blast doing a job that normally would take a week to do in 28 hours. Cant wait for the excitement.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thought I would share this -

We have an Extreme need to act fast. As you may know the television program Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, is currently under construction in Kemah. The Beach family is incredibly generous as they have taken many children into their care and were devastated by Hurricane Ike.

The Space Center Rotary Club has been taking a very active role in this project. Members have donated food, the roofing materials, fencing, tubing, membership at the YMCA, money plus many other items and man hours. Plus even a custom made Ferris Wheel which will surely be a highlight of the show.

However, a major shortage was identified this afternoon (Monday 1/11). The Beach family has an outstanding mortgage of $142,000 on the damaged house & property. If Rotary can raise the funds to pay off this mortgage by 5:00 PM this Wednesday, we believe we will be able to present a check on behalf of Rotary to the family on the show.

We as Rotarians do an incredible amount of work, but often we are not able to see the result. We often are not able to get the publicity associated with our great actions. Well, here is that chance to stand up and be counted.

Please reach out and reply with your donation to this cause. All donations will be made through the Space Center Club. Space Center's club has already received commitments of $13,300, just since starting to work on this at 4:00 PM today! Lewis Jewelers is leading the pack on this.

Please respond to all of the following by 5:00 PM Wednesday 1/13/10:

Jon McKinnie - [email protected]

Slade Lewis - [email protected]

Scott Rainey - [email protected]

Thanks in advance and God Bless
Yours In Rotary, As Always
You may also access http://blushieldsextreme.com and donate online through safe/secure credit card transactions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts