2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
This laptop is in desperate need of a decent set of ext. speaks. Which ones produce good quality sound for a decent price? I'm not looking to spend more than $50 or so.
I've used two different Altec Lansing sets. Get the ones with a subwolfer. Microcenter almost always has some on sale, or you might try Fry's (hav'nt bought any since they opened).

·
Registered
918 Posts
This laptop is in desperate need of a decent set of ext. speaks. Which ones produce good quality sound for a decent price? I'm not looking to spend more than $50 or so.
I use these http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iHM77 they sound great for as small as they are. Fit in your laptop bag and run on there own rechargeable power....can plug them in to ipod whatever. I did not read post so sorry of it has been mentioned.

Just went back and read no audio out.....never have seen that on a laptop I would look for a good pair of bluetooth speakers or headphone.....if it has bluetooth adp2.

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
I'm not sure if they still make these or not, but I had one of the older models. My house has somehow ticked off the wireless gods, so anything 802.11 doesn't work well here, but in the old place it covered the whole house well..
This device plugs into your headphone jack, or audio out, and into the AUX in on your regular stereo. I had this one about 4 years ago, so if they have continued this product, I'm betting they have one with a usb audio card by now.

http://www.startech.com/Share/ProductSpecs/PDF/MP3AUDIOEXT.pdf

And no kidding, what kind of laptop is this with no headphone jack?

Let us know what you end up coming up with?

Andrew

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
yup, it won't be a digital 5.1, but it will do stereo.
it will be speaker level as opposed to line level, so you'll have the ability to tweak the volume from the computer volume and the external speaker/amp volume. You'll want to keep the computer volume low until you get the feel for what level it needs to be at..

a

Reactions: Cartman

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
Some will yes. the USB speakers are actually a USB sound card with speakers so there will be a whole range from 2.0, 2.1 and up. I've seen some audio applications and games not work to well with USB sound cards. Usually software that is not well written or software that is old.. Most recently a handful of kids games for kindergarten age..

Anything like Winamp, itunes, and such should work fine with a USB device..

a

a

1 - 18 of 18 Posts