2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here work for Kinder Morgan in Pasadena or know anything about the tank explosion. Just saw where they had a tank explode and life flighted one guy out of there.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Prayer sent already. Gosh I sure hope everyone is ok. You operators be careful out there!!!

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
I've been listening to it on the CIMA radio here at work. They called for several plants to assist in the effort. Sounded pretty bad from some of the talk on the radio.
Steve

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am a cima zone three firefighter we got toned out to kinder morgan I'm not sure of the time but we were eating so it was around 1130 to 1200. We also got toned out about 5 mins later for Pasadena refining company the old Crown plant I was not able to respond but have been in contact with those who are on scene. As of right now they are pulling back and everything is under control. I have heard BUT DO NOT KNOW THIS TO BE FACT that an operator was burned badly and life flight did land for transprort. We also sent our mobile comand center to Valero for some process upset and they pulling Uneeded CIMA responders to that incident. I have been told that the situation there is also under control.

·
11,766 Posts
Our CIMA was rolling back into the plant when I got to work this morning. Didn't get a chance to talk to them though.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
I work for KM down at Stratton Ridge. I have alot of friends at the Galena Park site, which is where I'll be headed later today. I'll have to do some investigating. Stay tuned. B&P

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
This is the report I got this afternoon. A KM employee had found a leak in tank and went back to his truck to leave and report the leak. Current thinking is that the ignition from the engine caused the subsequent KBoom. The KM guy I talked with today is good friends with the injured and knows his wife and 3 kids very well. He also told me that he managed to extinguish himself and call his wife and tell her all the things he needed to say before responders got there. He is currently in a coma and has been given a very small chance of survival. I am not an official spokesman for KM this is just what I heard today at the terminal. Pray for our KM and his family.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The young man who was airlifted out is my fleet managers son
28 yrs old with three children and a wife. It was a very difficult visit to the hospital this morning and will be again in the morning. At this time they are not giving good odds. I am hurting so bad for this family. Please pray with me for him and their family.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Prayers definitely sent for the injured and his family.

This is a tough situation for the family.

God Bless them all.

Dr. Krol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts