2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a direct quote but I think I heard the news the other night say the state paid 2 "EXPERT" witnesses... One got 150K and the other $250K for their "EXPERT" testamony....

I'm not here to start anything just curious if any of ya'll had heard the same thing..?

JDS

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
That is typical in an insanity plea case. I'm sure the proceeds from her memoirs and movie deals will cover that cost and then some. Ain't justice great?

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,892 Posts
Haute Pursuit said:
That is typical in an insanity plea case. I'm sure the proceeds from her memoirs and movie deals will cover that cost and then some. Ain't justice great?
Plus, the cost of 5 funerals isn't cheap these days....

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Yeah, my thing is one of the bastages was the cause of the retrial for giving false testimony and he got paid for both trials. I'm not a lawyer but it seems that if you give false testimony shouldn't you be charged with perjury?
Rick

·
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Biting Bill

Apparently the STATE OF TEXAS did for 2 of their "EXPERT" witnesses... I can't remember what local news I was watching though...

it just really shocked me, I guess I am nieve to those types of legal issues when the state is involved...

JDS

·
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rlw

That is right and they actually showed him going out of court one day and he looked like a POSSUM exciting a full garbage can!!!

JDS

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Well, if that's fact it really erks (trying to find a word) me.

They should have got Bill Clinton to come speak, would have been cheaper, and for some reason...everyone loves it when he talks.

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
I could have told them that she was crazy for $100.00

sane people do not kill their children, HELLO !!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's like I said in another thread in regards to this case. Look at the money that will be saved now that they said she is nuts and there should be no appeals.

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Actually...

....that's about the going rate for a legal witness in a high profile case.

Not bad job or salary for working a few days a year.

There is lots involved in being a L.W., more than you might think. My mom is thinking of doing that (she's been talking about it for years). Currently she is Assistant County Attorney there in Houston.

·
Premium Member
40,480 Posts
Every person I have met in my life that had anything of true value to say, always did it for free.

I can not believe any testamoney.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts