2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Wade Fishing Fanatic
492 Posts
Its $139

I'm wondering how he attached the back of the truck body to the chassis. It looks like he has a buggy rear shock tower with the body mount button drilled out to put the antenna tube through.

Its a serious road racing chassis. You could never run off road with that

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My question is, is it needed? That's alot of moolah for a chassis. The current chassis seems to work quite well, will this be $140 well spent?

·
Registered
176 Posts
These things work pretty well as is, and since they show a lipo in the promo pics, there is no balance increase. Maybe with NiMH and saddle packs the argument could be made for balance. But that is still WELL beyond what I would want to spend on a chassis, especially since I usually have to buy stuff in pairs and am on a shoestring budget.

Heck, the cost of that chassis is the same as getting an 18R for use in the stock class.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My philosophy these days is keeping the kits stock. I love the RTR concept and I'm a big advocate of it. If the kit doesn't absolutely need it then I'm not going to buy it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
look at it how could you as a racer not want it im not even a racer and i want it.LOL it will be mine o yes it will be mine.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
one benefit of the chassis is that they are going to offer a slipper clutch. now your diffs wont slip!!

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
ya that carbon fiber and aluminum is gettin me too phil!! i just dont want to have to rebuild my battery packs cuz im too lazy!!

·
Wade Fishing Fanatic
492 Posts
Phil, there were some guys talking about this chassis on RC Tech, and the Exotek guy (Mike)as well as Tony Phalen (Associated) said that this chassis would not work for off road, because its made to fragile to take the jumps. They even mentioned that it would not be supported for warranty if its used on off road.
Of course, It can be done, but at $140.... wow

1 - 20 of 35 Posts