2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few days ago that I was looking for a duck hunt for this weekend. My buddy John and I ended up booking with Lance, the owner, from Backwater Waterfowl after a recommendation from his guide Mike and I'm sure glad I did!

Lance was a great guy and really took the time to make our hunt something special. Lance was our guide and we were paired with Nolen and Matt, a father-son group.

We ended up hunting a Ducks Unlimited track just west of Bay City off of Hwy 35 and took a 5 man limit of 30 ducks along with 2 geese.

As a matter of fact, I had so much fun I booked with them again tomorrow morning!!! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Glad ya'll had a great hunt. I too was scheduled (2 months ago) to hunt with Lance on Saturday the 12th. Guess your last minute reservation bumped us to one of his "other" guides to a property up in Garwood. Got 11 in just under 3 1/2 hours. Like I said, glad it was good for ya'll.
James

·
Registered
550 Posts
P.S. - I know you can't control the fog, which we had plenty of, just really would have liked to be in the prime location seeing as how I booked that hunt a long time ago.

·
Registered
368 Posts
P.S. - I know you can't control the fog, which we had plenty of, just really would have liked to be in the prime location seeing as how I booked that hunt a long time ago.
Most outfitters have several prime locations, Sounds like the fog hurt you guys more than the location, 11 in the fog is a good hunt. Anyways if you have a complaint you should take it up with him In person.

TRW

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Tex, I had no control over guides or spots...just followed "whoever" to "whereever" they took me. I hunted near Garwood on Sunday with Trey as a guide and we took 13 ducks and 2 geese there with quite a bit of fog still around. I don't have the pics uploaded from that hunt yet though.

·
Registered
550 Posts
LOL...i'm not sore at you Tom. I know you didn't have any more control over it than I did. And TRW, this is not a "bash the outfitter" thread so just leave it alone. Lance came HIGHLY recommended to me by a fellow 2cooler and I was looking forward to meeting him and hunting with him. His substitute guide, John, is a heck of a nice guy and funny as hell and I know he did the best he could given the conditions. I just felt like my group may have gotten back-burnered. Oh well, sh-tuff happens, life goes on.
The end.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
sounds like a good hunt.. I’ve done a few with lance, We had the birds but so did the field next to us and that’s hard to compete against. We learned a little lesson.. be sure to Look around before reaching down to get the rags, that dog has a little Mississippi hound in em

1 - 11 of 11 Posts