2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow, the fourth of Oct the Corpus Christi Windsurfing Association is offering free windsurfing lessons at Bird Island Basin out on Padre Island. The lessons include land based instruction and on the water instruction all taught by professional instructors. Go to the CCWA web site for more details

http://www.corpuschristiwindsurfing.com/

Click on "Discover Windsurfing Day" to view the flyer for this event. There is also a film clip from last years event that you can checkout to see if you might enjoy it. Places are limited and preregistration is recommended. Last time I checked there were still about 20 slots still open.

Every Winter and Spring there are multiple threads on 2Cool complaining about the wind. If you live near the Texas coast the wind's a fact of life, why not enjoy it. When it blows I sail. When it's calm I fish. Best of both worlds. It dosen't get much better than fishing the mornings, sailing the afternoons and blasting birds in the evening.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
if you can get down there and learn from don and the folks, by all means DO IT. you will have a super time, and have access to one of the best windsurfing places in the world... i would be down there myself this weekend, if i wasn't heading to savannah, GA.

i just picked up a bunch of windsurf gear, but haven't had time to get involved... MAJOR FUN!!

:) :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a kite, they're banned from the National Seashore. Whole different sport, but I do have some like new kite equipment if anyone's interested. At 52, I'll stick to windsurfing.

·
Master of Ceremonies
1,451 Posts
BBYC said:
That's a kite, they're banned from the National Seashore. Whole different sport, but I do have some like new kite equipment if anyone's interested. At 52, I'll stick to windsurfing.
Well if it takes place on the National Seashore they will have to deal with Sharkathon, a HEB tournament and massive amounts of debris passed the 20MM. That will make for a crowded beach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts