2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received this from the Continental Cycling Team Captain. I had to share this incredible video. Below is the email.

Dear Friends and Family,

Winter is upon us. There was a snow fall, yesterday, in southeast Texas. This is the time of year when one starts to dream, and consider the possibility, of summer travel. You are invited to view a mundane, yet amazing, video clip, taken by a group of bicyclists as they cross our majestic country. See our beautiful nation, from the seat of a bicycle, as the riders travel west, from Virginia to Oregon, following Adventure Cycling's famous Trans America Bicycle Route. May i suggest you view this when you are not in a hurry, and preferably with a glass of wine, or your favorite beverage, as the clip runs 11 minutes. Please have your speakers on.

The participant's goal was to raise funds for Montana de Luz, a home for children living with HIV/AIDS, in Honduras.

Please enjoy, Click on;

S.M.

·
We're on borrowed time, roll with it.
749 Posts
What a beautiful ride across the U.S.A. I downloaded the accompanying instrumental track, Chipi Chipi. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Way cool. I've done it four times in relay (riding about 1/4 of the miles in a 24hr. rotation), the last time in June (Houston to Providence, RI). It's hard to describe to folks what it feels like to do such a thing. The most memorable ride for me was Houston to Edmonton, Alberta, although the team has made it to Alaska twice.

My dream is to the whole shebang "unsupported" one day, following the TransAmerica route. That may have to wait until I retire. For now, I'll just enjoy it vicariously.

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
Awesome video!

Did anyone else notice the working birds in the coast scene near the end of the video :D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts