2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It All Started As I Sit Down On My First Spot.i Got Anchored And Started Cutting Bait And Hooking Up Some Big Bream.i Got Baited And Got All My Rods In The Holders And Before I Could Get Sat Down I Had A Run.i Got Ot The Reel And The Fight Was On,after A Few Mintues Of Hard Cat Action ,he Surface.this Fish Weghted In At 67lbs.before I Could Get That Rod Back In The Water I Had Another Run,got This One In And It Weighed 47.5lbs.got One Of The Two Rods I Had Out Back In When Another Run Started,pulled This One In And She Pushed The Scales To 51.9 Lbs.i'm Thinking To Myself This Can't Be Happening! Finally I Got All My Rod Baited And Back In The Holder And Managed To Get A Swig Of Coke When It Started Again.i Had One To Just Ease Off With A Big Bream,just Click...............click.................click.........well,you Know, Just Barely Moving.i Picked It Up And I Could Fell The Big Girl Swiming Off With It,she Felt Huge .this Was A Big Bait So I Let Her Chew On It Awhile. After I Knew She Had It Deep ,i Pulled The Hammer.this Fish Was Huge.it Took Me ,what Seemed Forever To Turn Her Around And Started To The Boat.i Would Get Line On Her And She Would Plow For The Bottom.i Knew This Was The Biggest Fish I Had Ever Hooked.she Made Several Of The Arm Breaking Runs And Then She Gave In. I Finally Got To See This Monster.it Was Another Huge Flathead. Comparing Her Size To The 67 Lber This Fish Was Most Likely A S.c. State Record. So I Got Down On My Knees And Got In Position To Grab Her ,(because This Thing Wasn't Going In The Net),and I Grabbed Her By That Big Head And Pulled This Unbelievable Fish Into The Boat."""""""""""""""'then It Happen""""""""""""""""'i Woke Up!!!!!!!!! I Hate It When That Happens.guess I'll Never Know What That Sow Weighed.i Went Fishing Lastnight ,but I Didn't Have This Kind Of Luck. I Thought You Men Would Like A Good Fish Saga.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well... you had me hook, line and sinker... and no, I've never had that kind of a dream. We fished for flounder today. I am seriously beginning to get a complex about me being bad luck where boats are concerned..... Jerry and I put his boat in and the batteries were DEAD. No big deal... he has a kicker that pull starts and has an alternator in it that will charge the battery, so we think... two hours and twelve miles down river later.... we pull into a marina to get a jump start for his V6... then we motor another hour out to the fishing grounds, where we caught flounder.... lots of flounder... all under the legal length except one keeper. Jerry gets his bait HAMMERED by a big fish. I get the net only to discover that he's caught a 3' shark (species unknown).... I grab the little biting machine behind the head with both hands so Jerry can get the hook out of the "jaws of death." Jerry removes the hook, after which the shark does it's dead level best to try to eat me.... He was unsuccessful, and I tossed his young arse back into the bay... We pull lines up and head for home. The return trip was uneventful.... we had no trouble starting the motor because we never shut it off all day LOL.... I think I'm going to take up basket weaving...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I really starting to monder if your last name ain't "Murphy". LOL ;) Look on the bright side, at least you caught some fish. I was gonna go this morning before work, but guess what, Thunderstorms! Was gonna go tonight after work, guess what, Thunderstorms! Was gonna go tomorrow morning before work, guess what, WRONG, babysit.:(

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
As Aerosmith would say...."Dream on,dream on...Dream until your dreams come true!'':fishy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts