2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I killed a little 10 pt off of our place, first decent deer killed there. Looking to have a euro mount done. I called a few taxidermist and 300.00 seems to be the going rate seems a little high for me. Is there anybody in the Spring/Conroe area that does a good job for a good price? Thanks for the help.

·
Tripped Outtings
2,261 Posts
SOAK IT.

skin it and cut off all excess meat and grissel eyes ect. Soak it in a 5 gallon bucket of water for 90-110 days changing the water bout once a month. keep the horns out of the water.remove, pressure wash after the 110 days and let it dry.reglue the teeth back in and you're done.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Call James Quinters in Tomball.......He has done several for me, on a nice plaque.....$175...........281 541-0564

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I did these 3 for myself and used the same meathod (sorta) as Big Poppa. Skin it, get as much of the meat and tendon off as you can and then soak it in water for 30 -45 days or so, boil it for an hour or so and pressure wash it. When its all clean I make a paste out of peroxide and boric acid, paint it on the skull, leave a day or 2 to dry and wash it off.......the final results are these.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Im picking mine up this week in Yorktown. Mine is $140 after taxes. Its $95 for the bleaching etc. and then $35 for the angled panel. So yes....$300 is waaaaay too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts