2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.saltgrassretrievers.c om
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a a 8/9 wt setup but being new to the flyfishing deal I am trying to do a lot of research. I looked at a Okuma Integrity today at Gander Mt. Thinking of pairing it with a St. Croix P908.4 9' 8 wt. rod. Primarily for wading the Lower Laguna kind of deal. Any input or help is appreciated.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I started off with that Orvis Clearwater setuop, but I needed to upgrade shortly after, like a year. You're on the right track with Okuma and St. Croix. I use a Temple Fork TiCrX rod now and love it. I would recommend looking at TFO Professional rods. They do have a quality rod at an affordable price.~Neumie

·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I've been hearing good things about them but there is no place local that carries them. I would like to feel it before I buy it type of deal. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ive been impressed with the St Croix rods. I dont think you will regret buying one. The Orvis stuff can be a little over-priced.

·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went with the St. Croix and Okuma Integrity setup. They had two St. C. rods one said "Reign" on it and was a two piece. The other was a 3 piece I think and it was a little cheaper. Couldn't tell the difference so I bought the more expensive 2 piece ! We'll see how it works out when I get it spooled up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts