2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here on this board, so here goes. I am replacing the guides on an old boat rod I have, and I have got the under wraps done. Now I cant figure out how I'm supposed apply the epoxy evenly while rotating the rod after I get the guides wrapped (these are 2 footed guides). I'm no rod builder, so I hope this question doesn't sound too goofy. Any advice would sure be appreciated.
Thanks, Greg :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm assuming you don't have a rod dryer? If not then you'll have to put the resin on very lightly, just enough to soak into the threads, let it dry and keep doing the real light coats until you get a good builup. Probably over a couple of days. Better to spend the money and buy a dryer, unless this is the last one you intend to do. Hope this helped.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
follow the directions on the Flex-Coat or the brand of epoxy you are using. I dont have a dryer eith so I just sit there rotatin the rod every few minutes a quarter or so of a turn whilst I surf the net or wath TV///// kinda gets old though/////////////JJ

·
Registered
206 Posts
A drying jig is not very hard to build. You can get the little motors from www.allelectronics.com real cheap. The item number of the ones I bought is ACM-108. They were $2.50 each at the time I bought them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts