2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
ACR and McMurdo make good ones...... it's up to you on the various options like manual vs auto, gps capabilities, etc (one that floats is a good idea ;))

or you could just get a 'spot'!........ i hear they can stop a speeding bullet, leap tall buildings with a single bound, and more powerful'n a locomotive and sech :dance:

·
Signal
26 Posts
GME makes some good equipment (EPIRBS). They do the battery replacement different than everybody else. Most EPIRBs have to be sent in to a special facility for battery replacement and testing every 5 years or so. Instead of putting a new battery in an old EPIRB, GME pulls the circuit board out of the old one and put it in a new housing with battery. That way your information is still there but you basically get a new EPIRB instead of just a battery. Price is pretty much the same as for a battery only.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just picked up one of the new ACRs at the FT Lauderdale show. They were running some great deals. Ditch bag and epirb came to 325 I believe. I would expect the same in Miami in 2 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts