2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to the storm, hottest news was PCP's in the water and how all the fish were contaminated and nearly unfit for human consumption. Whats up now? I heard Capt. Mickey say he "wouldn't eat nothing that came out of these waters now!" Would U? Consider what else is floating, submerged, that will decay (i.e. cows, people, etc.) Think I'll wait till the "all clear" is sounded.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Finally, people will not look at me strange when I say I like my fish from Long John Silvers

·
Registered
971 Posts
A surge like the one from Ike will re-suspend lots of stuff that had settled into the bay mud....like stuff the plants puked out before the regs were up to snuff. Think about all the old garages and all the chemicals and pesticides, oil, antifreeze ect. that was washed into the bay system as well.....not to mention all the old septic systems. Think I will pass on any upper coast fillets for a while. I do hope the bay comes back strong and better than ever.

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gown-up to go fishin'

Ditto.....and ...I "wanted" to go after some flatties this week.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The EPA, TCEQ, and TPWD will be sampling the bays and surrounding areas for quite some time. Once the rains come into the area and begin "flushing" the contaminants in the area into the gulf the fisheries will improve. Just wait for the rains.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
I'm with RonG, catch and release from this area for 2 years or more. It looks like I will be planning some fishing trips to La and midcoast Tx. I will almost certainly be looking to do more freshwater fishing too. Already looking at a Lake Fork trip in the March 2009 time frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts