2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in the market for a new engine soon and would like to stay between $200 and $250. What would yall suggest?

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
The alpha 5 port is a good motor. Its 200 for it. Vertigo can get you one.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Nova....can't go wrong.
Werks if you want something a little different from everyone else...lol.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Novarossi P5XLT. Awesome for buggy or truggy.
+1

LOADS of power all around
Lasts 4-7 gallons depending on how you treat it
10+ minute run times if you choose your pipe/tuning right
Easy to tune

And when you're done with it, you can usually sell it for $50'ish for a parts motor.

What's not to like about all that!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Nova p5 now, Its an older motor and it has lost compression. One of the guys i drag race with was talking about the RB motors, He said he used to run the onroad motors in his buggy but i wanted yalls opinion also. I like the p5 so that might be a route i take.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I have a Nova p5 now, Its an older motor and it has lost compression. One of the guys i drag race with was talking about the RB motors, He said he used to run the onroad motors in his buggy but i wanted yalls opinion also. I like the p5 so that might be a route i take.
You can't go wrong with a nova..I'll get a price for you if you wanna go that way. Let me know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've always had luck with RB and have pretty much only ran them since running offroad. They are Nova based. I have a S5 with 5 gallons on it now.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I had an S5 that leaked from the front bearing from Gallon 1. I am sure they are great motors but, skeptical on spending for another. I plan on sending the one I have for a make over. Probably will do it for next season. Cheaper than buying a new one.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Put a new front bearing in it. You can pick them up cheap and install yourself or get with someone at the track that has the proper tool. I had a P5X that did that too before gallon one was complete.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
The alpha 5 port is a good motor. Its 200 for it. Vertigo can get you one.
Ya, im not a gas guy. But I heard the $200 Alpha motors have the performance of a $300 and way more reliability.

·
vertigo raceway
636 Posts
Yeah tanner says that alpha is a great motor and for 200 you can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I am going to get it modded eventually. I have the 3port Werks that I will swap out the front bearing with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dont swap out your bearing. Just order a new one from Avid bearings it is only 4 dollars and they are in houston so you should get it the next day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had an S5 that leaked from the front bearing from Gallon 1. I am sure they are great motors but, skeptical on spending for another. I plan on sending the one I have for a make over. Probably will do it for next season. Cheaper than buying a new one.
I heard that a few times, I've had 1 WS7 (black front bearing), 1 S7 & 1 S5 both blue front bearings and have not had any issues. I'm so surprised with offroad how many gallons you can run with no slope in the bearings. When I run onroad the front will get sloppy and suck in air pretty quick.

·
Cassidy S.
60 Posts
Ive been running the Werks B5 and it is one fast motor! + it is only $199! And i have also heard that the new Alpha is working good next time you see Tanner check it out!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is the best pipe to run with the P5XLT? Novarossi's site says the 9901 for fuel economy. Is this what yall would suggest?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts