2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary tomorrow evening, and (surprise) I don't have anything planned.

I would like to take her to a nice, elegant, romantic dinner...no cheezy Kemah waterfront junk.

Can you recommend anywhere in Houston or Galveston (or in between) that is high class, elegant, romantic, etc... If I have to bust my butt and get reservations tonight/tomorrow I will.

We didn't get to go to Vegas or New Orleans (as usual) this year because we have become temporary (yeah right) care-givers to her Grandmother who moved in with us last week.

Any recommendations are HIGHLY appreciated. I'd like to spend around $150 or so on dinner for the 2 of us. Less $$ is fine...just wanted to give you a ball-park on what we can spend on dinner.

Thanks again to all your help!!

Really lookin for Steak and/or Seafood places - no Italian and no Mexican.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Vic & Anthony's downtown or Sambucca downtown are good. We did our last one in town at Trulucks Steak and Stonecrabs and it was awesome. Happy anniversary!

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Vargo's should fit the bill.... Way out off Fondren..... Superduper fancy....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Perry's on Bay Area or Giado's and take a walk along the seawall after dinner...San Louis Hotel has an awesome steak too..

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here's another vote for Perry's Grill on Bay Area, but maybe you want to try something a little further from home? Like NurseD said, the Steak House at the San Luis is excellent. It's been a couple of years since I've been there and I can't remember if the atmosphere is as nice as Perry's, but the food is comparable. There's also a restaurant at the Moody Gardens Hotel, Shearn's, that's excellent. For an added bonus, and if your schedule allows, you might want to stay the night at one of those hotels. ;) I say throw in a half day at the Moody Gardens Spa too, but it may be tough getting an appointment this late. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
wife and I went to Saltwater Grill on Post Office street Tuesday nite for our anniversary, Galveston Strand. Very nice, would recommend.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
i to have to agree with vargos... Very NICE!!

ITs my fav. place to go when u want to impress.. plus women like getting all dressed up..

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
I have been to most of these places and they are all nice. Here are a few of my favorite date places that my fiance and I enjoy:

Mark's
Morton's
Pappa's steakhouse (Can be a bit loud)
The Bank @ Hotel Icon
The Strip House
Or there is always Spindletop.

It is a bit of a drive, but Kirby's in The Woodlands is one of my favorite spots too( oh yeah, I used to work there.) Afterward you can head to Cru in Market St, or get a room at the Waterway Marriot.

Check out this site for restaurant reviews:

b-4-u-eat.com

1 - 20 of 38 Posts