2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of this heat and discussions about insulating materials, I just wondered want kind of electricity bills are you 2 coolers getting. Received mine yesterday, $400.00 for a 3000 sf home. I don't know if thats alot compared to yours but that's a 70% increase from last years bill. And the 2 hottest months are still around the corner. Any recomendations for do it yourself insulation materials?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Same here!

I just got mine, and thought maybe the payment for last month hadn't cleared yet, and was added to this month's, but no such luck. $475 for a 2400 sf house!! It's usually around $250. Looks like I'm going back to turning it off while I'm at work and keeping it above 75. Guess we'll just have to hang out in our underwear when we're at home!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wished I could keep the thermostat set at 78. The kiddos wont tolerate anything over 74. Have to keep it cycling between 72 and 74.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
850.00 for 4200SF, on ALL the time.YUCK...but we like it cool.
Amazing Grace 52 FT length 3 central units VERY cold. Bill was 150.00

Time to move onto the boat......

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Did you guys see the special that channel 2 had on electricity prices last week? It was comparing Houston area electricity rates with that of the rest of Texas. Per 1000kwh used, it was $79 in San Antonio, $85 in Austin and $163 in Houston! I thought this deregulation was supposed to lower the cost of electricity??? Ya right, they should start sending out cases of vaseline with our monthly bills.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
The highest bill my mother has ever had in her 2200sf house in Porter is $94 (this month), but she doesn't have any choice in her electric provider. It's Gulf States Utilities or nobody. ;)

I just got the bill for my house in Denver for this month. With the air set at 76 degrees and the average outside temp at 92 degrees, my bill was $58. :D

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,606 Posts
$500 but the house is cold! me no like sweating in da house.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
$395 for 3000 sf home, 2 A/C's set at 76 during day and 73 at night. We have Amigo Energy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts