2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just installed this baby tonight. Very nice quality and it allows for pinion changes / gear mesh adjustments with out removing center diff. It also has a housing for a support bearing (included) that not only acts as a barrier from dust to your original bearings but takes some load so the front motor bearing does not wear out as fast. One screw removal of motor (2 if you choose to use but owner says one screw on slider top is fine) on slider. You must use a shorter pinion gear like Robinson's racing. $70

Plus some RC monster mounts are so tight on that diff bearing you have to pound it in and out; this one is smooth.

Company's website is: Elitercd.com

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here is the actual one they sent me.

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
That's a NICE machined part and what a great way to easily access your electric motor! That used to be the biggest pain if you were always adjusting your pinion. How easy is it to set the gear mesh against the spur?

PD2:cool:

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a NICE machined part and what a great way to easily access your electric motor! That used to be the biggest pain if you were always adjusting your pinion. How easy is it to set the gear mesh against the spur?

PD2:cool:
Ubber easy! Access from the top to loosen that one screw is easy and that thing is machined very precise where it snugly but easily slides back and forth to allow for mesh adjustment. My old RC monster mount would sometimes move the motor a tad when i tightened the screws up after I thought the mesh was good but since this is tightening from a different angle once you get the mesh down tightening the easy access screw on top doesn't move anything on lockdown. But the big thing too is pinion changing is a breeze now.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya sorta weird seeing a top driver risk that with a plastic gear. you have to use the shorter necked robinson racing or hot bodies pinions or thats what will happen.

·
Nick Maslowski
447 Posts
ya sorta weird seeing a top driver risk that with a plastic gear. you have to use the shorter necked robinson racing or hot bodies pinions or thats what will happen.
Theres nothing wrong with the plastic gear. it just looks like the pinion is too far forward. He has plenty of room to move it back. IF you know how to set a mesh it will be fine. Ive been using the plastic spur for a couple months now and its fine. ITs much lighter and quieter than the steel one.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Nick, he's saying that you're more likely to strip the plastic gear with that little contact between the pinion and spur.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya and he was running it like that you can see the rub marks on the spur!

·
Nick Maslowski
447 Posts
My other question is what the big box is that is to the far right of the car. Its held by 2 posts. It cant be the battery/receiver box because that is right by the servo.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as weird as it may sound it does look like a receiver battery pack. Humm....

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
as weird as it may sound it does look like a receiver battery pack. Humm....
It's not weird the servo's and fan's take power from the motor..People do the same with planes..I think I'll test this.:idea:

That batt looks huge..

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
You just pull the middle wire out of the esc connector and plug in a battery.

That looks too big to be a reciever battery. If it were, it would be about half that size or smaller. You don't need anywhere near that much juice to run an electric. You could run on a 1000mah lipo reciever battery for an hour or more with an electric.

·
Legend
453 Posts
I bet what he has done is plug everything up just like he would a regular electric but run a receiver battery to the battery port on the receiver (depending on the receiver). He's probably just doing this to help power the servo, receiver and fan under hard acceleration and towards the end or the race.

This is just my guess. What we can't see is how the wires are ran inside the receiver box.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
He did that because the POS LRP system requires and external bec, so he used a receiver pack instead. The LRP SPX8 was based on a 10th scale esc which used 2s and 8th scale is 4s, so you can't use the bec. **** **** ****

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
do you think it will improve run times any?
I've heard ESC makers say the amp draw is marginal (and it is). Most of us dont run fans anyways. If your over heating and need fans might want to check your motor size, gearing, battery and ESC placement. Even if you do need it, like I said its marginal draw and you'll probably use up more in pulling that extra weight around for what little it will actually save you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts