2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Electric Filet Knife????

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  BEER4BAIT 
#1 ·
Anyone know the best electric filet knife on the market????? Ours seem to overheat very quickly and the blades keep popping out. I know the "ol fashion" manual knife is good but it sure is tiresome after fishing all day. Also, anyone ever eat a rainbow runner? Book says they are excellent tablefare, never caught em before and never ate one.

#7 ·
Rainbows, are a good light meat fish kinda like amberjack. Did you catch them deep? I posted our trip with picture on the blue water board. I use to use an electric until I learned how to sharpen knives with paper wheels a ruge. They are actually sharper than a razor and saw a guy filet his skin trying to shave the hair off his arm. It takes about 5 min to touch them up after a trip.

#12 ·
I have a baldor and a delta grinder 3500 rpm, with paper wheels, one has 2500 grit carbon that I glue on the outer edge, the others are just plain compressed paper about 1" thick. I run the blades over them with caution not to over heat and change the temper and pollish the edge. Like the barber with a strop, but faster. These edges hold better and dont roll. If you ever been to gun shows and Bass Pro it's like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.