2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you know i have been kind of burnt out on nitro lately. i have been throwing the idea around of going brushless in my 1/8 buggy.

what do you guys think? opinions?

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
nik77356 said:
as some of you know i have been kind of burnt out on nitro lately. i have been throwing the idea around of going brushless in my 1/8 buggy.

what do you guys think? opinions?
I have a question. Why go through all of that when 1/10th scale electric is very easy to do?

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
because nobody really races 1/10 electric rite now, and 1/8 buggy is really fun when im not having problems

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
nik77356 said:
because nobody really races 1/10 electric rite now, and 1/8 buggy is really fun when im not having problems
Be a trend setter! 3-4 guys change over to 1/10th scale, the rest follows! Especially if one of them is Kevin Lewis!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Electric is fun once you have all the quirks figured out. Because all you do, is mess around with the suspension and tire combo. If you need more torque, swap gears. Want to go faster swap gears, or add more voltage.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your rite gary, but i really like 1/8 scale just not nitro at the moment. im thinkin of going to electric just for the reasons snellemin listed

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
somebody had a buggy AND a truggy out at k&m a long time ago. i remember i was amazed!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
LOL, sorry dude, getting me to run electric again will be like getting you out to Mike's in the summer. I didn't have anywhere near as much fun that one time I ran electric out there as I had on my worst day running 1/8. Now if there was a track like Redstick or the old Performance I'd be all for some mod buggy action.

The AE 1/18 cars look pretty cool though, but if I get one it'll be for my son to bash around with and eventually maybe start him out in that.

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
there was a conversion someone did om a Jammin Truggy that had a brushless system in it. I will try to find it for you....I have a Mayhem buggy rotting at the house rite now that can us a wake-up call......

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
KevinLRC said:
LOL, sorry dude, getting me to run electric again will be like getting you out to Mike's in the summer. I didn't have anywhere near as much fun that one time I ran electric out there as I had on my worst day running 1/8. Now if there was a track like Redstick or the old Performance I'd be all for some mod buggy action.

The AE 1/18 cars look pretty cool though, but if I get one it'll be for my son to bash around with and eventually maybe start him out in that.
Dang! Guess electric 10th scale is out for me then. I was hoping to bring back electric in Houston.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think most people are scared to run 1/10 electric because you actually have to know how to drive!!!! i know im scared. i know if someone would let me use their 1/10 electric i would definitely use it. it teaches you how to be a better driver. if you can drive a 2wd 1/10 scale good you can drive almost anything better

·
Like a Rock
987 Posts
I ran 2wd gas for awhile and it was ok. I ran a T4 and a B4 last summer and got bored real quick. 1/18 scale is just a lot more fun to me and a ton cheaper.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts