2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is in the army and will be home for christmas. He has never been goose hunting before and wants to go. I haven't been in ten years and the guide we used to use is no longer in business. He's done two tours in Iraq and will be leaving for Afghanistan on Jan. 3rd. We want to go on the 27th of December. I thought I would ask you guys for some reputable guides rather than google one and hope for the best. I know you can't predict how well a hunt will go, but I want him to have the best time possible. So can ya'll recommend some guides in the El Campo area? We are looking to pay between 150 - 175 per person. Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replys and good information. That's why I'd rather have a first hand refrence. I will look into all of them. Also in the next few weeks as you guys hunt I would appreciate a report good or bad. If you don't want to post, pm me. Thanks again!

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Inland Flooding

We got pummeled again with a bunch of rain and field conditions are treacherous at best. We are hunting the Seadrift, Port O & Port Lavaca area. We've got a hunt going on as we speak and I just got off the phone....looks like about 9 on the ground with sloppy conditions, mud a plenty, guests missing too many, and "ultra-blue-bird". Other than that, "piece of cake".

El Campo area I recommend Chris Talbot with Southwind. They've got some good dirt in the EC and Eagle Lake area and Chris has been in the business since the early 90's. 713-261-4485

You'd have a hard time going wrong with anybody else listed here as well. From all of us enjoying the Freedoms afforded by our men and women in uniform, thank you!

Capt. Kris Kelley
Castaway Lodge
Home of Coastal Waterfowl
1-888-618-4868

Attachments

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I have a friend that is in the army and will be home for christmas. He has never been goose hunting before and wants to go. I haven't been in ten years and the guide we used to use is no longer in business. He's done two tours in Iraq and will be leaving for Afghanistan on Jan. 3rd. We want to go on the 27th of December. I thought I would ask you guys for some reputable guides rather than google one and hope for the best. I know you can't predict how well a hunt will go, but I want him to have the best time possible. So can ya'll recommend some guides in the El Campo area? We are looking to pay between 150 - 175 per person. Thanks.
I would like to chip in and help pay for his portion of the hunt. Let me know who you decide on and I will send a check to the outfitter. It will not be the whole amount, but a would like to help. A TINY way to say thanks and we appreciate his service.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you very much bull minnow. I will pass this information along to him and pm you the details when we decide on an outfitter. Thanks again.

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
We went 11/20-22. Sat. & Sun morning had 7 man limit by 10. Duck hunting that is. Did not do a goose hunt this go around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts