2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of trying to get my grand-daughter on some of the Rainbows. Can I use an extension crappie pole or should I use a spin cast? What about rigging? Bait? Is it too late to try and get some at Eisenhower Park?

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just seen that I posted this in the wrong forum, so I reposted the same questions in the freshwater board. But if any of you guys can help, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We go to Colorado every year and I catch rainbows. I use an ultra light spin casting reel, others use small Zebcos. Power Bait Chartruse w/glitter seems to be the best bait. You can use a pole along the bank. Most of the bait fishers put on the Power Bait and throw it as far to the middle as they can. The further the better. They seem to do better than close up to the bank.
I throw small spinner baits and do well. Look for the trout feeding on top. They stay in fairly tight groups.
Hope this helps. Good luck and HAVE FUN.
PS: Grilled w/salt and pepper................YUM ! Lots of dmall bones in the ribs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use a zebco and corn kernels or the berkley crappie nibbles under a cork. Eisenhower also has alot of perch and bass in it if the rainbows are not biting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts