2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Team Marsh Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a fun experiance last night....team marsh was taking the boat for a test run after recent motor work...the tide was really low (too low) but we needed to test the boat before the 72 mile toyrun
anyways...the ramp at egret bay drops off, we found this out the hard way last night
took some creativity and snorkeling in fridged water to get it un stuck

Attachments

·
archTech
8,576 Posts
That is a good ramp when there is a descent tide...if not you do not want to launch anyways since the first and last bends heading towards the lake can get shallow if you do not know where you are going. I have launched several 25'-26' boats there but never on a low tide. I guess the trailer dropped off the ramp at the end...good to know, wish it was marked with some paint on the pier so others could beware!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah the trailer wheels fell off the launching pads. It drops off a few feet from the concrete pad to the creek bed. The frame of the trailer was on the concrete and the wheels were hanging off the end of the ramp.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
What a bummer.
When they rebuilt the docks a few months back the boards with paint strips marking the end of the concrete were removed and no one considered marking the new boards.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
Usually when the trailer drops off the end, it will pop right up without the boat on it. I've done it time and time again. Now, there ain't no moving it with the boat on the trailer, but an empty trailer should be easy to pull back up.

But who knows.

B

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Nevermind just read Hooked post. Glad to know there new boards bummer about not being marked though. I use that ramp alot in the summer.

·
Banned
731 Posts
Usually when the trailer drops off the end, it will pop right up without the boat on it. I've done it time and time again. Now, there ain't no moving it with the boat on the trailer, but an empty trailer should be easy to pull back up.

But who knows.

B
My aluminum triple axle used to float, which was a b**** if there was a cross current at the ramp because the trailer would get off on me. I would sometimes have to pull the boat part way onto the trailer, then back it all the way in and stick it the rest of the way up on.

That looks a lot heavier. Maybe galvanized steel trailer of some kind. I don't know the pics are so dark.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
have had luck lifting the trailer by snagging the anchor on the back cross rail of the trailer and lifting trailer with a motor lower unit

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have used the anchor rope thru the front eye of the boat and routed under the back of the trailor and then hooked into the winch on the trailor. When you tighten up on the winch the boat will help float the trailor back up on the ramp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts