2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an invite to hunt next week w/ my uncle on some property boarding davy crocket national forrest. ill have to give up 3 days of OT to go so trying to decide!

anyone have any rut updates for the area?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
we hunt between center and nac off hwy 7 and the rut is a done deal, always have some does that come in late, but our rut is usually around first of nov. every year

·
Registered
560 Posts
we hunt between center and nac off hwy 7 and the rut is a done deal, always have some does that come in late, but our rut is usually around first of nov. every year
What he said.. I hunt just outside of Nac in Appleby. It's slowed down quite a bit since around the first.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds about right. my cousin hunted in angelina the weekend before thanksgiving and out of the 7 does they seen, no bucks behind them. they seen 4 bucks all by themselfs.. figured maybe it hadnt started yet

·
TxDuSlayer
4,770 Posts
When I hunted in Jasper off Hwy 63 there was a secondary rut the first week of Dec!After that it was pretty much over. Have fun and enjoy the hunt!

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Next yr if you can, plan a trip up that way around the second week of Nov, a week on either side will get you up there at a very good time. I have trail cam pics of the rut in progress the last 2 yrs both yrs I had the most activity around Nov 13th...WW

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a group of us go and camp in angelina every year on the 2nd or 3rd week. this year they changed it to the 2nd week and i couldnt make it, but they didnt see any rut activity just yet.

guess its over, but it will be nice to get in the woods reguardless!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hunted near Carthage this past weekend, Saturday evening saw 9 does/yearlings but no bucks behind them. Sunday evening I saw 20 does/yearlings and no bucks behind them. Monday evening I hunted in Jasper and had 2 does and 1 yearling come to the feeder and no bucks so after seeing plenty of deer in the evenings and NO bucks behind any of them I would say the rut is either completely over or the 2nd rut hasn't hit yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts

thats the best deer we shot this year and we only shot three bucks this year.spike and a three pointe rand this nine. The rut is done for us.. I hunt off 204 by central hights.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice! i guess we are going to go to my uncles friends at davy crocket for a couple hunts and may head over to my honey hole in angeline for a couple hunts. hope to see something, but really just looking forward to getting in the woods!

thats the best deer we shot this year and we only shot three bucks this year.spike and a three pointe rand this nine. The rut is done for us.. I hunt off 204 by central hights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts