2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI folks!

I have an easy tag for my vehicle, have been pulling boats and trailers around for a couple of years with out a problem!!

Received a letter from the eay tag attorney for $80.00. I called them to resolve the issue they stated that i needed to include my boat on my tag info.

I called the easy tag store they stated as long as you pass through the easytag lane identified for trucks and trailers, it would calculate the 3rd and 4th axel and everything would be fine.

If not you would receive a fine.

Thankfully, they took off the charges !!!!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
yep

Check your bill too. My Dad noticed last month his credit card was charged sooner than usual. He did some investigating and there were a bunch of toll charges from the other side of town. He called them to dispute and clearly showed where he went through the same booth on the same days around the same time(to and from work) and the others were not his. They did some investigating and found there were two stickers with identical numbers. They said it wasnt the first case of this, and that when the new "stickers" first came out there were a few instances of multiple repeats. His charges were dismissed but it made me keep a closer eye on mine since mine is auto billed as well. Could easily happen to anyone who didnt pay attention to the frequency of the charge or watch their acct. closely.

Z

·
Kamikaze
4,569 Posts
Just call them and they will drop those charges. It happens to me all the time and a phone call takes care of it. They are working on the software to fix this.

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Cat. Not anymore they wont. At least that is what they have told me. There were dropping ours for a while, but no longer. If you pull a trailer you better not go thru the ez tag. You can add the trailer BUT they will charge you for it every time whether you are pulling it or not. I have had many lenghty phone conversations with the Harris County Toll Road Authority!!!!!! Not good ones either.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
If I am pulling my trailer and stop at the Full Service window to pay....will it still charge my EZ-tag too because there is an EZ tag reader there? Or will they just charge me the price of the extra axle?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I don't know the answer to that for sure but if I was guessing they will probably try to get you for everything and hope you do not notice!!

I was in Austin a couple of months ago and pulled up to their new toll booths with my tags from down here. The person at the booth said I needed to pay for passing through. On the way home the person on the east bound side said I did not have to pay because it read it off my toll tag. They probably got double money from me on the first side.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Here is how you do it,

You call them and say you are towing the trailer 60% of the time and add your trailer lic plate. What this will do is when you are not towing the trailer your truck has an EZ tag that get read and all is fine, So when you tell them you tow 60% of the time and you go thru the lanes that are not done yet you will not get a violation b/c they will look up your trailer plates and say" ohh this trailer is on a 60% list" and they will not send you a letter at all and if they do just call them and say "hey my trailer is being towed 60% of the time" your done.

When you do not have the trailer and just your truck you have a toll tag it get read and no picture your done, but with trailer even if the lights flash they will look at it and say Ohh 60% trailer and most likley you will not hear from them.

I have 7 tags and me and family and I have 4 trailers limited problems, They still mess up time to time but it's nothing a phone call can't fix.

·
Registered
416 Posts
How about the Westpark that doesn't have trailer lanes or booths & say I tow a boat on there 2/3 times per year? Are they gonna fine me? Does it have some sensor that notices when trailers go through there without a tag or something? Maybe I should just get a tag & put it on my center console windshield - problem solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts