2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into East Matty at 6:30 to this reef between Bird Island and the Old Gulf Cut...I believe it is Kilbrides Reef just off the north shore line. I couldn't believe there was NO ONE around. I was only able to fish till 8:30 then had to hi-tale it back to Sargent because of the storm coming fast !!!!! Was able to land these six trout, with four hard hit misses and two torn lips coming off. My first cast got me the 22 incher...the others were 16+. I'm starting to remember to take our camera with me. Again, landed the big one and two others with the 32M21. The others came with a Queen Cocoaho pumpkinseed/chartreus tail..red 1/4 oz. red jig head...normal retreive bringing it up and letting it fall and they were hitting pretty solid...but not on the run till I set the hook. My wife and I purchased an 18.5 ft. Weld Craft, semi V, center console with a Johnson 90 4 stroke last year. I HAD to include our first run the day after we picked it up !!!!!!!!! We love it. We can motor in 18" of water but need 24-30 inches to shoot out !!!!
That's all till next time.

Attachments

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks........

Everyone asked us why we didn't get a fiberglass hull???? Since I was a teenager...this is what I wanted. Meets the "need" better than fiberglass.......for a while. We love the Johnson 90 4 stroke.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh....any one know who has the BEST prices on a salt water trolling motor??? It can be tiller steering, bow mount for sure...nothing undr 55 lbs. thrust.????

·
Banned
149 Posts
I went on the 1st and killed em and went back on the 2cd and came home with one trout and one red from the same spot. I could not figure out whether the trout moved or just were not biting. REEL DADDY, about were did you find them on the 2cd?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great report, fish and pictures!, wanted to go down over holiday but the rain kept us away..........what a cool pic of you guys in the boat, looks like running out of the "Y" and into the "cut' !!!..........nice.............

·
Registered
335 Posts
When I was looking last fall on line here are a few Minn cote Riptides 55's....Bass Pro $ 449 plus Tax and shipping, Iboat.com $599 and Cabelas 55 @ $619 (3X) plus shipping for a bow Trolling M..There are different features and taxes and shipping can make $50-75 difference in price..(3x) steering, 5 speed/variable speed, 360 turning..etc..features

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That pic of me and my wife was the first ride. I took it fairly easy the first 10 hours...which killed me. That 90 4 stroke is really awesome. It will do 40 mph at 6000 RPM..of which I won't hold for more than 5 - 10 minutes....hehe... It plains out in just a couple seconds...kinda reminds me of a hole shot in an old 67 396 Super Sport back in the 70's !!!!!!!!! Oh yeah !!! We love it and are blessed above and beyond what we could have asked. Most people don't realize that though we all go through tough times, which God desires these times will draw us to Him..or closer to Him..but God desires that we live a full life....He also desires to give us the desires of our hearts......I give God ALL the recognition and glory.
later y'all.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't look at it on my GPS, but I did look on the TOP SPOTS map and that is what it had for that reef. The reefs you are speaking of are more north/northwest of Bird Island. Kilbrides Reef is half way between Chinquapin Reefs and Old Gulf Cut, and almost straight above Drull's Lump.

Thanks any ways !!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice box. I used to fish that area a lot years ago. Had many great trips there. Used to fish Brown Cedar Cut a lot also and it was very good till it closed up. God bless and enjoy your boat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts