2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some good spots to fish in east bay ? I have gone mostly to the south shoreline arond Kain Cove and waded but dont really have any luck. Also how do you find some reefs in the middle of the bay ? What do you look for? I have heard that the north shoreline has turned on also . Where would be the best place to wade ?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Do you want to wade or drift?..Got a Hook n line map?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
we do alot of drift fishing..but I've seen alot of waders on 3 Beacon there is PVC poles marking the area

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
well we have a GPS so that helps alot..but we also look for birds and slicks..I also recall alot of waders working the left side of OLD GULF CUT by Left side I mean coming off the ICW into the bay..if you were looking at a map the right side of the cut...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I would think that Bird Island could be worked on foot I know that you have to be VERY CAREFUL with a boat around there LOTS OF REEFS VERY SHALLOW...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hook & Line Maps help a lot. They also show you when and where to fish. You can also get all of the better known and reliable fishing spots loaded into your GPS from Angler-Products.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I dont have a GPS and haven't hardly used one . What would be an economical and user friendly GPS to get for my new boat? Something that I can plot maps so I can run in early morning light and get to where I want to go . Also to load good spots !

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
3,776 Posts
Em

East matty is a shallow mud hole.
If the wind is over 12 mph it's ugly.

It's got some big fish and lots of schoolies.
South shore is great if you can find good water.
Floating grass can be an issue.
So rattling corks and tails works well or weedless spoons.

Drifting midbay reefs is very productive: half moon, drulls, 3 beacon or in front of st mary's. All these are on maps.

Wading N shore is good on tops and tails.
Big sand flats.

Drowning bait at intersections of N shore and ICW is also very productive.
Due to the fact several are not deep enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts