2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I either heard or read (don't know which) that the "ditch" entrance to E. Maty bay right by Rawlings in Matagorda had been fenced off and you may not be able to launch there. Can someone please tell me if you can launch there still or not? I'm taking my brother-in-law fishing either Sat. or Sun. and would like to know beforehand if I can still access that launch. Sure beats putting in at the Harbor (as far as boat ride that is!!!) Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know! I was there 2 Fridays ago and it was open but I think I read on another board that they were doing construction on that road and that cut may be blocked off by construction fencing. Was just hoping to clarify from anyone that may know or have been down this week. Guess I'll give Rawlings a shout.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ramp Open

I know it was open last Friday night because there was a serious accident there. If you use that ramp please be extra careful, get in and out as fast as possible, and if after dark make sure all of your lights are functioning!

The fence you heard of starts south of Rawlings and is associated with the road widening project that will be starting any day (if it hasn't already).

·
Registered
415 Posts
Also, don't park on the east side of the road. State troopers have been writing tickets for parking to close to the pavement. just something to keep in mind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts